TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Lilil

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
for those who haven't done the bristows VI yet, i'd suggest keeping a 1 min timer on your desk as you answer to help you keep track of time. the timer on their portal is very confusing and does not help you at all. it was also very difficult to find as it works as a border around your face as opposed to numbers. this really caught me off guard while answering so you should definitely keep your own time piece with you.
Such a good tip! I kept glancing down throughout my answer which meant I was breaking eye contact with the camera. Wish they included a numerical countdown :(

Victor87

Distinguished Member
Apr 19, 2023
Hey guys, a bit of a tangent but I wanted to wish everyone all the best.
There's a lot of news/announcements going round and sometimes we get consumed and overwhelmed. Please remember that in the grand scheme of things, everyone has a unique skillset to offer and your opportunity is on its way.
All the best to those who are in advanced stages of the process, all the best to those still waiting to get to these stages, and all the best to everyone that has put in the work to get into these firms.

Studyinglaw

Star Member
  • Sep 14, 2022
    It's been over two months since I completed the blended assessment for Stephenson Harwood (Spring VS) - has anyone else heard back/should I contact to check for an update?

I am also confused as I have seen people post about a VI element that was not part of the assessment that I did...
    Hey I also applied for their spring scheme and did my test about two months ago like you but my test did have a VI. Maybe you should send them an email to confirm? seems like they're coming out of hiding now finally.

Hey I also applied for their spring scheme and did my test about two months ago like you but my test did have a VI. Maybe you should send them an email to confirm? seems like they're coming out of hiding now finally.
    Thanks for this, did it so long ago I just remembered there were actually VI elements. I think this is however still separate to the next stage of an official VI - hopefully we hear back soon!

lbiro98

Dec 14, 2023
    for those who haven't done the bristows VI yet, i'd suggest keeping a 1 min timer on your desk as you answer to help you keep track of time. the timer on their portal is very confusing and does not help you at all. it was also very difficult to find as it works as a border around your face as opposed to numbers. this really caught me off guard while answering so you should definitely keep your own time piece with you.
    it freaked me out as well ahah, I did so baddd ahah

• 🤝
    Reactions: kenobi and greentyboo

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.