TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Cherikon

Star Member
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2023
Anyway, this is so frustrating guys. My weakness in ACs has always been the case studies - feedback consistently highlights my strengths in motivation, competencies, and written tasks, but I falter when it comes to case study interviews.

Today, though, was a significant improvement with Hogan Lovells - it was the best I've ever performed in a case study interview, and I felt really proud of my progress. It wasn't flawless, but it was a huge step forward compared to my past attempts.

However, what’s frustrating is that I feel like I bombed the situational interview. 😭😭 I don't believe I answered the questions incorrectly (I did offer to assist a struggling trainee and so on), but I think my responses lacked structure and were a bit disjointed. I'm just venting about a tough moment - wishing I could do better. Sorry for the personal meltdown.
But when I finally make progress in one direction, I feel like I struggle in another.. like I finally mastered competencies and never had a situational interview until this one so I didn’t have that kind of practice. 😳

HOPE THEY LIKED ME
I did well in previous case study interviews but struggled with competencies, which made it extremely difficult for me to get to the AC stage 😖 I think it's the lack of preparation on my front. Need to devote more time to competencies.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

wannabesheridansmith

Distinguished Member
Jan 2, 2024
Has anyone heard from Addleshaw Goddard (Gla/Edi) post VI?
I was invited to an AC in Edinburgh which I completed last week, but only had a weeks notice of it. I was in the 1st of 2 groups that day. They said there were a few more ACs coming up though... not sure whether they do enough to fill the Summer VS/Spring VS first then move on to the other, or give some first preference picks etc.

thelegalstudent

Standard Member
May 5, 2023
I’ve never done it myself but I’ve seen on this forum and grad rec mentioned at my AC for a firm if you need to have a result sooner rather than later you can contact them for an update but it’s not a guarantee they will have one eg if it’s a firm that complete their ACs and then decide on vac scheme offers, they might not have finished all ACs to have made their decision yet!
Thank you so much! :)

biglaworbust

Jun 29, 2023
Dear Linklaters,

I haven't heard from you in so long, I would really like for you to invite me to an AC. I'm literally going insane each day refreshing this forum.

Kind Regards,

BigLaworBust

(Has anyone heard back from Linklaters for SVS who did not do a open day/fast track scheme with them?)
LMAOOO Linklaters PFO after writing this today

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.