Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know if it is acceptable to say "King & Spalding" and then refer to them as "K&S"?
Interesting one where their logo is K&S and their website is kslaw.

I think it will be fine as K&S is used on their Chambers Student Guide profile, which they would have signed off

IMG_6496.jpeg

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    When asked to compare a firm to a competitor, would you compare it in terms of its offering and how it differentiates itself from said competitor in a business sense, or would you compare it in terms of an applicant? Or a bit of both?

Reactions: axelbeugre

Lawyer03

Jan 20, 2024
    I was invited to an AC in Edinburgh which I completed last week, but only had a weeks notice of it. I was in the 1st of 2 groups that day. They said there were a few more ACs coming up though... not sure whether they do enough to fill the Summer VS/Spring VS first then move on to the other, or give some first preference picks etc.
    Okay thank you! Hopefully I hear from them soon. Well done on your AC!

elektrajenkov

Star Member
    Dec 20, 2023
    Has anyone done the Bird & Bird VI? Any tips for coming across well would be greatly appreciated. As would any tips on how to make the best use of the preparation time given before you speak.
    Congrats! At an open day, they mentioned that they have a list of competencies on their grad hub that they're checking for, so I'd just make sure you prep an answer that can be applied to each, then you don't have to worry about the prep time. They also mentioned that once they've assessed a competency in the app process, then they most likely won't assess it again (e.g. if they asked about commercial awareness in the app, they they won't check it again sort of thing). Hope this helps! It got me to an AC!

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Send Me GIF by Originals

Hogan Lovells please call meeee

danturner

Star Member
    Sep 6, 2023
    Hi @axelbeugre

I was reading about how you contacted a firm about an accelerated decision last year, and was wondering how you phrased your email to them?

I currently have an offer for a VS which I can do in either spring or summer, and am waiting on a decision for another firm for their spring scheme. I did this interview on the 23rd Jan so have been waiting quite some time. If I was to do my current offer in spring, the dates do not clash, and given that I can also do it in summer there is no issue of any dates clashing at all. However, knowing if I got the firm I am waiting on would play a big part in my decision of when to do my current scheme so it would be very helpful to know (it is also my top choice of firm).

How would you go about emailing them to ask, and do you think it is suitable to do so?

Thank you very much!

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.