TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

wannabesheridansmith

Distinguished Member
Jan 2, 2024
Okay thank you! Hopefully I hear from them soon. Well done on your AC!
Thanks Grace, you must be my lucky charm as I heard back not long after you posted it!

They implied on the call that I would get the option over spring/summer and so there must still be places to fill if they can guarantee that. Fingers crossed for you on your end! 🙏

• 🏆
Reactions: Lawyer03

farr_x

Jan 29, 2024
Got WBD assessment! :D For the video interview, do we have unlimited prep time? Does anyone have any insights?
I couldn’t say for this year, but I did it last year and it was unlimited prep time! They can see how long you take though and they recommended “a minute”, but they always say that. I got 3 questions: ‘How do you deal with change’, ‘how technologically impacts lawyers’ and this one threw me off guard - if I could change or introduce a law what would it be or something along those lines. Again, this was last year, so may not be helpful

Farhan65756

Distinguished Member
Feb 3, 2023
Thank you ! It was actually the one regional office I applied for, so its the Manchester office. I received the email yesterday and its next week. If yours was the London office I wouldn't worry as I haven't seen anyone post about that yet :)
First of all congratulations on your AC for TLT!!! I hope you do well. Second of all, you had worried thinking that I got rejected since I applied to the London office but since you got it for Manchester, it still gives me hope 🙏

Meena

Jan 13, 2023
Bakers VI for spring, received yesterday - if anyone has any tips, plz DM me. Can provide guidance for W&C, Ashurst, Jones Day, Macs, or Slaughters
Hey! Sorry correct me if I'm wrong but didnt you say you got a PFO post-test yesterday? Did they by any chance make a mistake? I'm wondering if I should email because I was in the same position with high scores but still PFO lol

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.