TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Just trying to submit my application for Stephenson Harwood and can't seem to submit due to "Error - Please contact your Rare account manager". Not even sure what this means but the deadline is tomorrow and have no idea what to do? Is anyone else having a similar issue? Have tried different browsers and haven't missed anything on the form.
I would advise to email graduate recruitment so that they are aware of the situation!

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2023
Just trying to submit my application for Stephenson Harwood and can't seem to submit due to "Error - Please contact your Rare account manager". Not even sure what this means but the deadline is tomorrow and have no idea what to do? Is anyone else having a similar issue? Have tried different browsers and haven't missed anything on the form.
I have just successfully submitted my app. Try using chrome to submit and if that doesn't work restart your laptop.

Screenshot the error and send to grad rec if you can't submit by tonight. The winter deadline might actually be tonight. The overall deadline is 00:00 so the winter deadline might be 23rd at 00:00 too.

D

Deleted member 24543

I need help. Planning to apply for Cleary's winter scheme but I know they're already carrying out ACs and that it's rolling (deadline is on 31st but they only take on 10). Are my chances higher for a spring vacation scheme seeing that the deadline for that is way later?

spamelinazoid

Legendary Member
  • Dec 19, 2021
    Is there a hard rule regarding typos for firms? Submitted my Travers application but was just reviewing again and saw that there was no space between two words at the end of my cover letter - not a spelling error per se, just a typo in my cover letter but still very annoying...happens when you spend 15+ hours reading something over and over again and just miss silly typos or mistakes...

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    I need help. Planning to apply for Cleary's winter scheme but I know they're already carrying out ACs and that it's rolling (deadline is on 31st but they only take on 10). Are my chances higher for a spring vacation scheme seeing that the deadline for that is way later?
    Of course it is really hard to tell you which way to go as everything can happen, you could be applying today and get the offer over someone who applied in September. However, what I would do since ACs have already been offered is to apply for the spring scheme and use your energy to focus on that and maximise your chances of getting the offer for the spring. Good luck with it!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Is there a hard rule regarding typos for firms? Submitted my Travers application but was just reviewing again and saw that there was no space between two words at the end of my cover letter - not a spelling error per se, just a typo in my cover letter but still very annoying...happens when you spend 15+ hours reading something over and over again and just miss silly typos or mistakes...
    it happened to me multiple times last year and it was mostly fine so I would not worry too much about it, it happens to everyone and some people might actually not even pay attention to it/not see it so do not worry and good luck with your Travers application!

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    Do Linklaters ask for GCSE and A Level grades later on in the form, I am filling out the questionnaire atm, and I am guessing there is a more in-depth application after, am I right?

AlfredH1031

Jan 31, 2023
    Two questions:

1. I have submitted my Gibson Dunn VS application on October 2 and still yet to hear back from them. Do you know when will they make a decision?
    2. I submitted my Hogan Lovells WVS application two days ago but I found out that I mixed up my answers (the answers for open days and additional information questions have swapped), should I write an email to the graduate recruitment telling them about that?

Reactions: axelbeugre

Izzy1026

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 23, 2023
    Two questions:

1. I have submitted my Gibson Dunn VS application on October 2 and still yet to hear back from them. Do you know when will they make a decision?
    2. I submitted my Hogan Lovells WVS application two days ago but I found out that I mixed up my answers (the answers for open days and additional information questions have swapped), should I write an email to the graduate recruitment telling them about that?
    Re: Question 1: I heard from a future trainee that Gibson reviews applications on a rolling basis but they only send out interview invites in December - January

baj5

Oct 19, 2023
    I've never done a cover letter for a vac scheme before. I'm doing one for Cleary and you have to attach it. Do I have to include my name/details and their details/date at the top? any advice on how to tackle it?

AlfredH1031

Jan 31, 2023
    I've never done a cover letter for a vac scheme before. I'm doing one for Cleary and you have to attach it. Do I have to include my name/details and their details/date at the top? any advice on how to tackle it?
    First things first, do you have to upload an attachment or just type the cover letter on a textbox? If it is the latter then you don't have to since you've mentioned that already on your application form. (Based on my White & Case application experience last year when they also asked for a cover letter).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.