TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For anyone wondering when Baker McKenzie is opening their application well my friend said to me that at a law fair, they said they are changing the application process this year and their application change is being reviewed internally by managment.

• 🏆
    Reactions: mfuturetrainee

babylawyer1942

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 30, 2023
    Re: Question 1: I heard from a future trainee that Gibson reviews applications on a rolling basis but they only send out interview invites in December - January
    1. Someone told me they got a first-stage interview invite with Gibson Dunn a few days ago. Though, they submitted their app in early September
    2. Unsure about this one. Emailing grad rec is probably the right course of action

Reactions: axelbeugre

AlfredH1031

Jan 31, 2023
    1. Someone told me they got a first-stage interview invite with Gibson Dunn a few days ago. Though, they submitted their app in early September
    2. Unsure about this one. Emailing grad rec is probably the right course of action
    A few days ago? I think by rolling basis they mean they will screen applications perhaps every two weeks or month, though I cannot confirm that.

Thanks, I have sent an email to grad rec already.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Two questions:

1. I have submitted my Gibson Dunn VS application on October 2 and still yet to hear back from them. Do you know when will they make a decision?
    2. I submitted my Hogan Lovells WVS application two days ago but I found out that I mixed up my answers (the answers for open days and additional information questions have swapped), should I write an email to the graduate recruitment telling them about that?
    with Gibson Dunn it should be quick but it really depends on the cycle and who applied but in theory if you do not hear after a month and half, maybe reach out to them so they can explain what is happening. For context, I applied last year on the 20th of December and I received an interview invite the same day I applied but other people received it after a week or after 2/3 days, so it really depends! Hang in there though, I am sure it will be fine!

Reactions: AlfredH1031

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.