TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

hirene

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 2, 2022
Anyone waiting to hear from DLA Piper after VI? I did mine last Saturday and they said they will get back in 7 days, I'm hoping I hear back today.. 🙏

If you haven't done the VI, I suggest that you think about skills you want to sell. also, there is time limit for prep which I didn't know about.. wasn't entirely clear to me 😅 I alwo panicked so I'm afraid I don't remember the specifics of the questions...

NW Law

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    Did you email them for your results?
    Yeah, I request them to help my development/get a rough idea how I’m doing. They replied about a day later providing the information. I think you know if you have failed the WG because like an hour or two later an automatic email goes out (I think!). But I’m sure you can ask if you’re interested to know!

tillywizz98

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 23, 2023
    Yeah, I request them to help my development/get a rough idea how I’m doing. They replied about a day later providing the information. I think you know if you have failed the WG because like an hour or two later an automatic email goes out (I think!). But I’m sure you can ask if you’re interested to know!
    Is this for Hogan Lovells? How do you know re: failing? I did mine last week and haven't heard back so would hope that means I haven't instantly failed..!

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 18, 2022
    Is this for Hogan Lovells? How do you know re: failing? I did mine last week and haven't heard back so would hope that means I haven't instantly failed..!
    I wouldn't stress - I never received anything post WG when I applied for their TC at the start of this year. I was ultimately rejected, but I asked for the WG results and I far exceeded their pass mark (the pass mark is quite low like 13th percentile, and I got 89th or something) - so I guess I was rejected on other grounds. They will give you the WG results if you want.

tillywizz98

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 23, 2023
    I wouldn't stress - I never received anything post WG when I applied for their TC at the start of this year. I was ultimately rejected, but I asked for the WG results and I far exceeded their pass mark (the pass mark is quite low like 13th percentile, and I got 89th or something) - so I guess I was rejected on other grounds. They will give you the WG results if you want.
    Thank you - I have emailed anyway as I'm keen to improve!

NW Law

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 20, 2021
    Yes - if you fail the WG I believe an automatic email goes out saying something akin to “having reviewed your test scores, we are sorry to say we will not be progressing you.” That’s been my experience in the past - I’m unsure if that has changed though!
    Is this for Spring or Winter?
    Sorry, should have stated! Winter.

Reactions: yasmars

Zi48

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 1, 2022
    i was doing a vi and my browser literally crashed on the last q, now it says my application has been sent off when I didn't even record the final question:(
    I would contact the firm and explain what happened, they might be able to reset it

If you have like a screenshot/pic from when it crashed that might help too

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
    Apr 11, 2023
    Hey everyone! Have you guys heard back from the following firms? (For the London WVS)

-Linkaters
    -Dechert post VI and written exercise
    -HL post WG
    -Shearman and Sterling
    -Cleary
    -Weil
    -Clifford Chance post successful WG

Thank you!
    Nothing from Links as of yet (post-tests), but I know some people have already received AC's for the WVS

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.