TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

3000to1shoteverytime

Distinguished Member
Dec 9, 2023
@Jessica Booker @axelbeugre Would you say this is correct? Is there any benefit of self-funding SQE exams (just the exams - not the prep course)?
The benefit of self funding SQE is that paralegal work you may later get or even have already completed counts towards the qualifying work experience so you can qualify as a solicitor having never done a training contract if you never get one but use just qwe instead.

Aks.Khurana

Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 13, 2023
    @Aks.KhuranaHello Aks, hope all is well!

I haven’t received an interview invite/AC invite for the first year scheme and it’s almost the end of April, I’ve checked LinkedIn and people have been through the whole assessment centre for the scheme, and received an offer.

If Latham decided who to progress to interview/AC, surely they would reject and communicate this to everyone else whose application they didn’t progress in the same timeframe.

It’s very unfortunate :(
    Hi @I789 - unfortunately, I'm not able to comment on the firm's recruitment policies as this changes each year based on the team! I have heard some people having similar issues, but again, not something I'm able to comment on.

I understand that this can be frustrating and that you want closure from the firm. If this is something you're concerned about, I would write to the recruiting inbox to chase this and find out. There's no harm to this, and we can resolve the situation earlier.

user254

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2020
    I haven't received a holding email from Hill Dickinson. I'm starting to worry that it was only sent out to shortlisted candidates. Any opinions on this?
    I have only seen 1 person say they got a holding email so trying not to worry! 😅 Maybe it was a response to a chaser/follow up Q that person sent rather than an official holding email to all candidates?

Aks.Khurana

Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 13, 2023
    @Aks.Khurana Hi Aks! I applied for the first-year spring scheme at Latham but I (alongside a bunch of other applicants) haven't heard anything at all yet. The scheme is set to begin in April. Is Latham usually late with such responses? Or should I take this as a rejection?
    Unfortunately, I am not able to comment on the firm's policies as the recruitment team has changed since my time and every year, things are done differently! Feel free to follow up via email if you need closure, there's no harm with reaching out.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.