TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

AS24

Apr 16, 2024
Hi, @Jessica Booker,

I trust you are well.

I am completing an application and need to answer this question 'What was a time you weren’t able to deliver on a promise and how did you deal with it?' I am trying to understand what is the question asking and do you think I can use a personal example?
Thank you in advance.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, @Jessica Booker,

I trust you are well.

I am completing an application and need to answer this question 'What was a time you weren’t able to deliver on a promise and how did you deal with it?' I am trying to understand what is the question asking and do you think I can use a personal example?
Thank you in advance.
It’s asking because not delivering in a law firm happens from time to time, and they need to hire people who can learn from such experiences, so finding people who have learnt to not over promise/under deliver in the past is a good question to ask.

You can use a personal example for such a question though.

Reactions: AS24

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you so much to TCLA!!!!!!!! Just accepted a training contract at Skadden. Genuinely could not have gotten here without all of your help and resources.

Best of luck to everyone!
That is fantastic news! Congratulations and a massive well done 🥳

Drag Queen Singing GIF by Paramount+

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.