TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Chloe Korn

Gold Member
Premium Member
May 21, 2024
Has anyone that applied to Forsters done the test yet?
It seemed so odd that we werent informed about it on their website but it popped up in the AllHires application portal.

Im just wondering what sort of test it is...it says CRT which could mean 'critical thinking test' or 'cognitive reflection test'.
I just thought the same thing! Do you know which one it is?

bangarangbass39

Valued Member
Sep 13, 2023
has anyone heard from the Government Legal Profession today? They said we would hear back about the next round on 27-28 May.
Nope. How do you know when they would give us an update? I haven't received any emails from them. I applied on the 3rd of March. The wait has been draining. This is for the week long internship set up through Aspiring Solicitors right? And not the GLP trainee scheme.

cgc

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2023
Nope. How do you know when they would give us an update? I haven't received any emails from them. I applied on the 3rd of March. The wait has been draining. This is for the week long internship set up through Aspiring Solicitors right? And not the GLP trainee scheme.
Sorry I was talking about the trainee scheme. The GLP posted the recruitment timeline on their webpage (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/government-legal-service-gls-legal-trainee-scheme-how-to-apply--2#apply). The applications only opened 24 April and the Situational Judgement Test had to be completed by 15 May, the turnaround time for each element of the application seems to be a bit quicker that the internship.

Just got an email from SH inviting me to the online assessment and VI and to complete it by 27th May (2 days ago!). I applied for both June and July intake and already did the assessment and interview last month so a bit confused…
Hi nyanchan22 I also got the same. i was planning to write them an email before I saw this. Should I proceed under the assumption that they are trying to do a second round weeding out

nyanchan22

Standard Member
May 29, 2024
Hi nyanchan22 I also got the same. i was planning to write them an email before I saw this. Should I proceed under the assumption that they are trying to do a second round weeding out
I’m also planning to email - not sure if they’re intending to weed out as the deadline was 2 days ago and I just received the message now… assuming it’s a mistake from their side for now

I’m also planning to email - not sure if they’re intending to weed out as the deadline was 2 days ago and I just received the message now… assuming it’s a mistake from their side for now
I quickly wrote an email for this because I have some heavy commuting to do that will keep me away from my laptop or indeed the internet tomorrow and the day after.

Reactions: zq522

zq522

Standard Member
May 29, 2024
I sent them an email asking what the situation is! I applied for the Dubai Scheme back in December and only heard back now - its the first time I have heard back anything from them since my application.

I also called and they said wait to hear back from your email. I'll keep people posted what they say, but glad that it wasnt only me that got the email with wrong date!

nyanchan22

Standard Member
May 29, 2024
I sent them an email asking what the situation is! I applied for the Dubai Scheme back in December and only heard back now - its the first time I have heard back anything from them since my application.

I also called and they said wait to hear back from your email. I'll keep people posted what they say, but glad that it wasnt only me that got the email with wrong date!
I still haven’t heard back from them about the Dubai scheme and I applied back in early Feb lol

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.