TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Zaidoz10

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2022
I sent them an email asking what the situation is! I applied for the Dubai Scheme back in December and only heard back now - its the first time I have heard back anything from them since my application.

I also called and they said wait to hear back from your email. I'll keep people posted what they say, but glad that it wasnt only me that got the email with wrong date!
I came on TCLA to see if anyone had the same issue. I emailed them I thought I missed the deadline. Good to know it’s from their end.

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    why is IT HARDER TO GET A PARALEGAL JOB THAN A TC AAAAAA

HAVE MERCY IM TIRED, I GOT REJECTED 2 MINS AFTER SENDING AN APP

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

hopefulforatc

Distinguished Member
    Mar 3, 2024
    I have a few questions regarding applications. As I am now have a job, when it comes to questions like why do you want to be a commercial lawyer and Why law. Should I just talk about my experiences from my work place or I can discuss how the interest stemmed from may be an event I attended at University or an internship? Secondly, what points should I consider when answering questions like is AI and tech a threat or an opportunity to the firm? should I discuss the current initiatives of firms and should I be taking sides or remain neutral? @Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I have a few questions regarding applications. As I am now have a job, when it comes to questions like why do you want to be a commercial lawyer and Why law. Should I just talk about my experiences from my work place or I can discuss how the interest stemmed from may be an event I attended at University or an internship? Secondly, what points should I consider when answering questions like is AI and tech a threat or an opportunity to the firm? should I discuss the current initiatives of firms and should I be taking sides or remain neutral? @Jessica Booker
    You should use whatever experiences have really driven your motivations for a legal career in law. It doesn’t really matter what the experience is, it’s more about explaining how’s it’s shaped your motivations. Therefore, you could use your work experience or the event you attended, or even both.

For more commercial questions that are asking you to analyse a topic, it is important to bring your own thinking to the answer. Although you can reference things that the firm has done in this space, it’s really important to show your analysis rather than just repeating the firm stance on the topic.

More candidates are likely to reference or repeat information about the firm’s strategy in relation to AI, and you are risking not standing out from the crowd if you just take the same approach and let what the firm is doing being the core part of your answer.

Reactions: hopefulforatc

hopefulforatc

Distinguished Member
    Mar 3, 2024
    You should use whatever experiences have really driven your motivations for a legal career in law. It doesn’t really matter what the experience is, it’s more about explaining how’s it’s shaped your motivations. Therefore, you could use your work experience or the event you attended, or even both.

For more commercial questions that are asking you to analyse a topic, it is important to bring your own thinking to the answer. Although you can reference things that the firm has done in this space, it’s really important to show your analysis rather than just repeating the firm stance on the topic.

More candidates are likely to reference or repeat information about the firm’s strategy in relation to AI, and you are risking not standing out from the crowd if you just take the same approach and let what the firm is doing being the core part of your answer.
    Thank you!

19.mfjones

Distinguished Member
  • Oct 16, 2023
    Hi yall, need some advice. I've got an AC for Brabners coming up late June, but it is my first one and I'm a non-law student.

1. Any experience with this firm's AC? Any advice?
    2. How does one prepare for an AC? Especially when a lot of the basic interview questions are on the application form eg: why this firm?
    3. Does Brabners prefer stengths-based or competency interviews?
    4. Most importantly: they sent me the offer mid-April and said to reply to it to confirm, which I did. However they never responded after that? They haven't sent through an itinerary yet or even recognised I am attending. Is this normal? How short notice before the AC would I need to message to confirm with them?

Many thanks :)

• 🏆
    Reactions: CallumJR

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.