TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 18, 2022
Am having issues actually accessing the W&C VS form - whenever I click on the link on their page (https://www.whitecase.com/careers/locations/uk/students/how-apply) - it just takes me to the 'AllHires' landing page for them. Given I have previously started an application for an open day, I can't see anything on the portal to start a new application for the VS? Anyone else have this issue?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, Stephenson Harwood has included an article question in their initial application questions. It is a yachting sustainability article and asks us to summarise and provide an overview with key points in 600 words for the client. It seems too simple to simply summarise it especially as the article is very straightforward but don't want to add any critique etc. if that's not what the question asks for. I could summarise it well in about 300 words but it clearly says to do it in 600- should I add commercial perspective etc?
No - they are only asking you to summarise what is presented to you. This is about distilling the most important points/part of the article.

Aaj03

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 8, 2023
    Thanks guys. I did really badly lol. I don’t know why I can’t act like a sane and non-awkward person in VI… I swear I’m not that bad in rnl
    I recorded my answer for 2 mins, so don't worry about it, lol.
    On top that, I am their brand ambassador for my Uni and they told us on the training day that there was no VI anymore, just the pro bono test, so It was a surprise for me :(.
    This was for the open day btw.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Clyde & Co vac scheme states "Eligibility is penultimate year law undergrad or final year non-law undergrad ONLY – for 2026 Training Contract Start."
    Can those beyond this (final year law/graduates) also apply?
    Not by the sounds of it - but you could always email them to check.

Reactions: Aga123+

Aaj03

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 8, 2023
    Am having issues actually accessing the W&C VS form - whenever I click on the link on their page (https://www.whitecase.com/careers/locations/uk/students/how-apply) - it just takes me to the 'AllHires' landing page for them. Given I have previously started an application for an open day, I can't see anything on the portal to start a new application for the VS? Anyone else have this issue?
    If you did not finish your open day application, then you have to click on that 'open day' application- then it takes you to the page of choosing the role you would like to apply for.
    I had the same issue but i finished my open day application now.

Reactions: prospectiveswitcher

legallybrunette8

Esteemed Member
    Sep 9, 2023
    Clyde & Co vac scheme states "Eligibility is penultimate year law undergrad or final year non-law undergrad ONLY – for 2026 Training Contract Start."
    Can those beyond this (final year law/graduates) also apply?
    Hi! I've emailed them about this before, here's what they said:

"Our vacation schemes are for second year law students, and penultimate year non-law students only.
    We do have direct training contracts which will be for final years, training contract to stat in 2025.
    Our paralegal academy will open for application in springtime too, which law grads/final years are eligible for, if they can start in June 2024.
    "

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.