TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Cecylia03

Nov 6, 2023
Got an email from A&O yesterday which stated:

"Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible."

Does this mean I did not pass their benchmark? Last year I applied for A&O First and I remember receiving a very specific email saying that I passed the bechmark and that they were considering my application. I know it is just a small detail, but with all the nerves in the process I cannot stop thinking about it haha :')

Ellewoodz

Aug 27, 2023
Got an email from A&O yesterday which stated:

"Thank you for taking the time to apply and complete the interactive assessment. We hope that it has given you an insight into the working environment and types of situations you may encounter as a trainee lawyer at Allen & Overy.

Our team is now reviewing your application and you should expect to hear an outcome from us as soon as possible."

Does this mean I did not pass their benchmark? Last year I applied for A&O First and I remember receiving a very specific email saying that I passed the bechmark and that they were considering my application. I know it is just a small detail, but with all the nerves in the process I cannot stop thinking about it haha :')
I got this email too, and ended up getting the WVS. I don't think it means anything other than they have received your application.

EM23

Esteemed Member
Dec 10, 2022
Anyone got a clue how to approach this question from Addleshaw Goddard, their questions seem the hardest out of the apps I've done so far:

"If you were in government what one thing would you change to make it easier for UK businesses to succeed and why?"

I am not lowering corporation tax rates back down 😂

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
Anyone got a clue how to approach this question from Addleshaw Goddard, their questions seem the hardest out of the apps I've done so far:

"If you were in government what one thing would you change to make it easier for UK businesses to succeed and why?"

I am not lowering corporation tax rates back down 😂
Something I'm struggling on too

tillywizz98

Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 23, 2023
Has anyone heard from the following firms:
1. Travers Smith (Winter Vac Scheme)
2. BCLP - Spring/Summer Vac Scheme (post test)
3. PwC - Legal Vacation Scheme (post VI)
I spoke to TS grad rec a few weeks ago and they said they wouldn't get back to people til mid Nov. I think we won't hear from PwC until mid December

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
@Jessica Booker Hi Jessica!For the work experience part, do we need to use bullet point or write as paragraph?
Paragraphs are what law firms expect here, unless stated otherwise! However, if you are in doubt, emailing grad recruitment to ask them this question might be the best course of action. Alternatively, talking to people who recently got a training contract at the firm might be a good place to start too!

Reactions: Cynthia14

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.