TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

F AJMI

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2022
Hi guys

was wondering if anyone had any advice for answering the Ashurst VS question

Please use this open space to tell us about yourself, you may want to cover why you would like to train as a solicitor, your skills and achievements. (750 words max) *

should you introduce yourself ( basically have an introductory paragraph) or just dive straight into your motivations for pursuing a career in Law, your skills and achievements.

Should I try and link the answer be linked to the firm and its practice areas, ( there is another quesion on "why you are applying to Ashurst and what you know about the firm").

Should I talk about work experiences and academics ( to help explain why I am interested in Law). There is a dedicated work experience section.

Would be grateful for any tips on how this should be structured, as i've not really come across this kind of question before.

@Jessica Booker
@axelbeugre

Last edited:

lovelaw223

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Did you ever hear back from grad rec about this? Been over 2 weeks since submitting my VI (I didn't get a confirmation email or anything saying I've done it) - I'm assuming pfo, but would like to know for sure.
Hey,
They got back to me the next day saying it was their mistake and they found it. I got an email a few days later saying I'd passed the benchmark.

Arf1309

Valued Member
Dec 7, 2022
Does anyone know if applying closer to the deadlines of VC affects being selected? In particular interested in VC at Osborne Clarke. I know some firms do "first come first served basis", does Osborne Clarke do the same? Thanks!
Hi I applied on the deadline last year and got through to AC so I don't think it will affect you for this firm!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.