TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Legalregal

Valued Member
Jan 13, 2021
Dependent on the firm, your app won’t even get seen by the partners. The exception to this is if your AC interview will be based off your app. If this is the case, firms will usually state this in the FAQs section of their careers page (e.g HSF state their interviews are based off your app).

Personal opinion- if you’ve reached the AC stage with these errors in your application, it shouldn’t hold you back as you will have proved through WG/VI/SJT that you may have the skills to do the job.
Thanks for the reassurance!

Ash2323

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2023
Hello guys, does anyone know what the word limit should be for Morrison Foerster's motivation questions? They dont have one under the boxes and was just wondering in case any of you know /have emailed grad rec already?

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Hello guys, does anyone know what the word limit should be for Morrison Foerster's motivation questions? They dont have one under the boxes and was just wondering in case any of you know /have emailed grad rec already?
There's no limit, but at the legal cheek law fair they said to keep in mind that being able to write concisely is an important skill for lawyers 😅 so I guess try not to waffle

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Would you consider a trainee intake of 30-35 as small or large? I don’t think it counts as a small trainee cohort. Any thoughts?
I personally would not count it as a small trainee cohort, but I guess it depends on points of view. It is definitely less than 100 people on the training programme that you might find a Clifford Chance but it is substantially different than Sullivan & Cromwell which has 5/6 trainees. I would say that it is a relatively large cohort.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Are there any resources on case study or written exercises?
Hey @F12M34L,

I would say that there are some things online that you could check out:
  • I used youtube extensively when I was preparing for case study and written exercises. Some of the youtuber I was watching are: Idin Sabahipour (an Associate at CMS), Gordon Chung (Associate at Baker Mckenzie) and Simranjeet Kaur Mann. They made youtube videos about case study, assessment centres and written exercises which are very useful in my opinion.
  • TCLA is also a great tool to use when preparing for case studies and written exercises. If you are a premium member you also have access to loads of workshops and videos on how to prepare for a case study and all sorts of commercial topics workshops that are very useful when preparing for an upcoming assessment centre.
  • There is also this post which I think is very exhaustive in explaining everything you need to know to get through an assessment centre. https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....firm-case-studies-monday-article-series.3232/
  • There is also a website called next city lawyer which my friends used where you can buy written case study guides. They are quite useful although I personally did not use cause I did not have money at that time.
I hope these are useful and good luck with your preparation!

Percypig12

Valued Member
Oct 19, 2021
Reactions: laby201

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.