TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

baj5

Oct 19, 2023
I am in serious need of application feedback, not so much in terms of actual writing but whether I have the right profile/ grades for big law. Would it be appropriate to reach out to graduate recruitment in one of the firms am I interested in applying? If not, anyone have any recs? Thanks!

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
I am in serious need of application feedback, not so much in terms of actual writing but whether I have the right profile/ grades for big law. Would it be appropriate to reach out to graduate recruitment in one of the firms am I interested in applying? If not, anyone have any recs? Thanks!
Most firms have grade requirements listed on their website. Most will expect a 2:1 degree as a minimum though and A-Level requirements can vary, although the “bigger” firms tend to look for AAB and above.

If you have extenuating circumstances with your grades, there should be a space for this on the application form. If you don’t meet the grade requirements (subject to you not having extenuating circumstances), I’d focus on firms who don’t have clear requirements :)

aishaslm

Esteemed Member
  • Mar 15, 2022
    RE my post about HL Lift Off - oh I'm really sorry about the misinfo then lol, I did email a member of GR and they said that the emails had gone out so superrrr weird that they would've lied about it! Oh well, interesting I guess

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.