Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@axelbeugre Can I ask for the question " Please add any supplementary educational information including extra study and international qualifications.", does it means I should add some summer school/ exchange programme? But if I do not have any these experience, can I just write some online courses and skills I have learnt?
Yes - you can include any summer schools/exchange programmes, or any online courses. I don’t think you necessarily need to detail the skills learnt as such but if the title of the course isn’t necessarily obvious as to what you studied, then you can clarify the subjects you learnt on the course.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Has anyone heard from TW? Not sure if I should email them. I applied on the deadline (1st). (SVS)
On my portal it says - we are currently reviewing all applications (13/12)
I wouldn’t chase them until the new year (most likely the 3rd or 4th at the earliest). If the portal only changes 4 days ago, of which part of that is a weekend, I really wouldn’t expect at update for another 2 weeks, but given its Christmas, realistically that isn’t until the new year now.

amrita6399

Valued Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 13, 2023
    I wanted insight on an application question for a Vacation Scheme. The question is: Think of a current commercial issue that has recently attracted your attention. Why does it interest you, why do you consider it to be significant and how do you think this will impact on the firm's clients? What does "significant" mean? Does the firm want to know about the potential opportunities and challenges of the commercial news story?

Reactions: axelbeugre

VacayScheme

Distinguished Member
    Nov 14, 2023
    Anybody who has applied to Fieldfisher - is the application form asking for individual modules or just your degree and overall resulted?

It is structured like it just wants you to input the overall degree, but the form also looks a bit like it only wants achieved results not predicted. A bit confused 🤔

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    I have been invited to take the TW online test. Anyone who has done it, can you please PM me?

I won't ask anything very specific or something that would be unfair to other candidates; just want to garner a basic idea of what the test looks like and number of questions/timing (if timed).

IwantaVacSchemePlz

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 17, 2023
    I have been invited to take the TW online test. Anyone who has done it, can you please PM me?

I won't ask anything very specific or something that would be unfair to other candidates; just want to garner a basic idea of what the test looks like and number of questions/timing (if timed).
    it's an extremely hard WG without assumptions :D

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021

Completed the test a couple of weeks back. From memory, it was timed but not for the whole test but per question (you only had 3 minutes to answer 2 questions on a set passage).

In terms of format, it’s essentially a WG but harder (they throw in “fairly strong”/“fairly weak”/“very strong”/“very weak” for the arguments section). It’s a difficult one to prepare for other than doing their practice test.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.