TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

yasmars

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
For Addleshaw Goddard there is a section in the application that says,

"Use this space to tell us about any mitigating circumstances that you might have, any scholarships or awards that you have achieved or any other information, such as your preferred pronouns"

Would it be
appropriate to mention any volunteering achievements here or is it restricted to the aforementioned.
I sent an email to GR. They said you can include your extracurricular activities to this section if you feel it is relevant to the form.

• ℹ️
Reactions: clo224455 and Jessica Booker

prospectiveswitcher

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 18, 2022
Just an fyi for anyone looking to apply to BCLP, I went to their open day recently and according to current trainees the firm has gone downhill massively in the last few years. Profits per partner down significantly and only 2 NQ jobs offered for over 25 trainees… now I know why they’re not transparent about their retention rates.
This is quite interesting - did a trainee at the open day tell you this? Guessing this was during informal networking after - they would hardly tell you this during a presentation?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker I was told the max turnaround for feedback post AC was 2 weeks following my rejection, ive emailed twice and its now been a month. Is it acceptable to call the firm's office to ask?
You can call, although you might want to wait until the 2 or 3 January when most people will be back from the festive break.

Reactions: Apple

lawyerinzootopia

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 12, 2023
Talks/presentations, maybe an interactive exercise or mock case study, panel Q&A sessions, networking lunches, recruitment advice sessions.
Panelist sessions, application tips / masterclass, office tours, trainee Q&A’s, case study workshops, lunch + networking, presentations from Partners, etc.
Thanks both!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.