Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I know their minimum degree classification requirement is a 2.1, but does Milbank realistically recruit candidates with 2.1's? A look at LinkedIn shows that whilst they don't seem to be Oxbridge fixated like Davis Polk and S&C, most of their current trainees have high firsts.

Has anyone on here passed the first stage with a relatively solid 2.1?
You have to remember that many people on LinkedIn wont state their degree grade at all. It’s only those with the absolute highest grades that don’t.

So if you factor in the trainees’ not on LinkedIn and those who have t stated their grades, you are probably only seeing a skewed version of things based on what people are declaring.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is it fine to refer to addleshaw goddard as AG in apps?
Yes - that is fine as the firm uses the acronym on their website. You may want to list it as Addleshaw Goddard (AG) in the first instance, and then use AG throughout the rest of your application though.

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020
I must not be getting WC VI this cycle💀
I got to VI last cycle and reused parts my app this year so maybe that's why.
Well I thought my app was good and there really wasn't much to change so what could I have done lol

TakeAChanceOnMe

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 4, 2023
Taylor wessing pfo
Same. I don't even mind. The whole TW application process, overly short questions limited by character count, and ancient IT were painful. I have pursued working for the firm for years, attending event after event, but the application experience turned me off.

77777law

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 22, 2023
For Osborne Clarke, it says we will be sent a verbal reasoning test after submitting our application, does anyone know if this means we also have to complete the test by the deadline (15/01/2024)?

Heartofglass

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2023
For anyone who received a PFO in a past few days

I hope you understand that no matter what external forces are acting against you, you still have intrinsic internal worth.

Recognise that if people reject you, it said everything about them and what they value, yet nothing about your worth.

And most importantly, try to trust yourself, to see what you can do. You can't live in dream if your dream were to come true. There's a better life that's waiting, but past the mountain you must climb. Then there will be a day when you will live your once upon a time.

At the mean time, let's all find hope and joy in our circumstances, even if it's not ideal.

legalgrinch

Distinguished Member
  • Nov 30, 2023
    For anyone who received a PFO in a past few days

I hope you understand that no matter what external forces are acting against you, you still have intrinsic internal worth.

Recognise that if people reject you, it said everything about them and what they value, yet nothing about your worth.

And most importantly, try to trust yourself, to see what you can do. You can't live in dream if your dream were to come true. There's a better life that's waiting, but past the mountain you must climb. Then there will be a day when you will live your once upon a time.

At the mean time, let's all find hope and joy in our circumstances, even if it's not ideal.
    Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.