TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
I was completing the WG and the internet just died in my house 😭 Fortunately, I only had about 5 minutes to go but I still had a couple of questions unanswered and had no time to check.

Ah well, guess there's no point in emailing Grad Recruitment as what can they really do? More annoyed at the wasted application!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I was completing the WG and the internet just died in my house 😭 Fortunately, I only had about 5 minutes to go but I still had a couple of questions unanswered and had no time to check.

Ah well, guess there's no point in emailing Grad Recruitment as what can they really do? More annoyed at the wasted application!
They can typically see if a test crashed out and might be able to reset it, so no harm in contacting them to at least ask.

futuretrainee2024

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022
    from what I recall, it's 10 or so flash games, testing pattern recognition/memorisation, reaction time, ability to discern facial expressions etc. The worst one by FAR is the final one with the safe/bomb, where you have to pause the spinning arm(?) at just the right moment to land on a specific number..... every time you miss, you start from the beginning. spent upwards of an hour doing this after a full day of work before giving up. I made it to AC without finishing that round :) don't sweat it you got this!
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help :)

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    I don’t think you are expected to take a particular position on this. It is more about how you position your thinking and evidence your analysis, rather than which side you think on.

I’d also stress it is rarely black and white - although I think it is important to state a clear opinion, rather than sitting on the fence, how AI is used is probably up for discussion in this question/answer rather than simply whether it should/shouldn’t be used.
    Thank you so much! Just want to clarify your last point
    how AI is used is probably up for discussion
    Should I focus on discussing how AI is used by law firms for tasks like document review and predictive analytics, or how AI is used by candidates in the recruitment processes within these firms?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.