TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Do graduate recruitment teams review applications in the order they received it? Is it safe to assume a PFO when I see candidates progress to the next round when they applied on the same day or later than me? @Jessica Booker
It is really difficult to say and it depends on whether the application is rolling or not. If it is not, then I personally used to assume it was a rejection (and I was right), however, if the application is rolling, you never know so I would not lose hope.

Reactions: eleven14og

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi everyone, could I get your opinion on this app question for Stephenson Harwood. The question is - "Read the article on sustainability in Yachting. A client has asked for an overview and the key points. In 600 words, please summarize the article (with a link to an article)". Any advice on how to approach this? Should I address the client as if I'm writing an email, or do i just dive straight in? Also, should I address overview and key points separately?
I shared some tips on this post here so I hope these are helpful: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-151489
Additionally, some more tips regarding the application to the firm have been shared here and I think these are going to be useful to you too:
Post in thread 'Stephenson Harwood VS 2023-2024'
https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....phenson-harwood-vs-2023-2024.8264/post-151461

Good luck with the application!

Reactions: dms21

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
I have a slight issue @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre I took the akin assessment on the 13th or 14th but when I did not receive a feedback report. I logged in today and it says that the 'deadline has passed'. However, I remember it saying that my assessment was submitted and they would get look over it. However, I also do not have a confirmation email. What do I do?
I would email graduate recruitment and explain the situation confirming you have taken the test. Chances are if they cannot find it, they might send you another link so I would not worry and I would immediately email graduate recruitment.

• 🏆
Reactions: Sunshinepink

helga_p

Sep 11, 2023
How much time did everyone have to complete the Osborne Clarke WG? I had 24 mins for 30 questions and theres no way that is with 25% added time 💀
Are you talking about Verbal Reasoning Test (which is straight after submitting the application) or Watson Glaser test? I understand they are 2 different tests. If it's Verbal Reasoning Test then it's standard 19 mins for 30 questions

Pennine Valley

Esteemed Member
Nov 18, 2023
Are you talking about Verbal Reasoning Test (which is straight after submitting the application) or Watson Glaser test? I understand they are 2 different tests. If it's Verbal Reasoning Test then it's standard 19 mins for 30 questions
It was the true false cannot say section of the Watson Glaser. Is that what they call verbal reasoning?

Is a proper WG the next stage for OC then?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.