TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Hey, I did the online assessment last year. It was answering questions on a timed video. There is a practice one you can do linked on the email that was sent out!

Congrats and good luck! :)
    Heyy, do we have unlimited prep time for the VI questions? Or what's the prep time/delivery time? I cannot find anything online. Also, are they competency-based or strengths-based?🥺 Sorry for so many questions and thank you for your help!

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Hey!

It’s unlimited prep time. So you can see the questions and then click start recording when you’re ready. Off the top of my head (if I am remembering correctly) you get 2 retries per question.

It was a mix of competency and strength based but it’s definitely more of a ‘getting you know you’ as a person exercise and then it focuses more on your skills in the AC.
    Definitely do the practice VI on the email it really helped me and just be yourself!

If you have any more questions please feel free to message me! Good luck and congratulations 🎉
    Thank you so much🤩🤩

Reactions: goggles123

bruhman

Standard Member
    Aug 14, 2023
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Have my fellow Scots received any updates from any of their applications to Scottish firms/offices so far?

The waiting game kills me so if anyone has any insight of firms up here from grad rec, previous cycles etc. it's all good info
    I just heard back from Burness Paull; got an AC invitation. This will be my first one so I am absolutely bricking it hahaha.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.