TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

thenublawyer

Star Member
Nov 18, 2023
Anyone heard back from Slaughter and May for Summer Work Experience Scheme (vac scheme) post-interview? Is it a myth that the earlier you hear is usually successful, and that if they call you it’s an offer and they email you if it’s a rejection? Haha
Did my interview last week but have not heard back. The partner told me it might be quite a long wait as they are still interviewing other candidates? But he did say I can ask for an expedited result if I start to hear back from other firms.

lonelycruise

Esteemed Member
Oct 2, 2023
Out of curiosity, if one set of people who applied at the same time receive an AC invite, and another receive the invite later, does this imply a hierarchy of preference for GR? Trying to understand whether it's simply a fact of scheduling, or an indication of your rank on the totem pole. First cycle so utterly clueless about how this all works lol

s2203

Star Member
Mar 28, 2023
Out of curiosity, if one set of people who applied at the same time receive an AC invite, and another receive the invite later, does this imply a hierarchy of preference for GR? Trying to understand whether it's simply a fact of scheduling, or an indication of your rank on the totem pole. First cycle so utterly clueless about how this all works lol
Not at all - usually GR teams divide the applications they get between them. It sometimes just takes a bit longer to get back to some candidates depending on the speed they review applications :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.