Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know roughly when grad rec contacts referees? Is it pre or post interview? Just curious!
Firms will typically tell you when they are. Most will be post offer/post acceptance, although I do know some firms that get the academic reference when you are invited to interview.

Reactions: addy2004

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2023
guys I applied my dream firm and I got to the next stage. Yet, the deadline they said is at 12pm, therefore I thought the deadline is this midnight. Would you please let me know whether I can email them to ask for another link? I've been prepared this application for 3 months...

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
guys I applied my dream firm and I got to the next stage. Yet, the deadline they said is at 12pm, therefore I thought the deadline is this midnight. Would you please let me know whether I can email them to ask for another link? I've been prepared this application for 3 months...
Unfortunately firms tend to provide strict deadlines for a reason, so I would try to get the assessment done this evening.

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2023
Unfortunately firms tend to provide strict deadlines for a reason, so I would try to get the assessment done this evening.
hi, I've been trying but i thought 1200pm is midnight today, yet it's on midday. so i missed the deadline already, would you please kindly let me know whether they will send me another link??? i know this is completely my mistake,,,

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
hi, I've been trying but i thought 1200pm is midnight today, yet it's on midday. so i missed the deadline already, would you please kindly let me know whether they will send me another link??? i know this is completely my mistake,,,
You will need to call them tomorrow to ask, but be prepared for them to unfortunately say no. They maybe able to give you an extension but if they do I would expect you would need to do it fairly immediately.

Reactions: 191919191

Amehta1

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 4, 2023
    Hi guys my friend just did a video interview with white and case. She was in a foreign country with unreliable power because of a serious medical emergency and unfortunately as a result of this her power cut out mid video interview and her responses were submitted halfway through her second out of third question. She emailed grad rec explaining this to them. Do you think there is any possibility they will let her redo it?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.