Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys my friend just did a video interview with white and case. She was in a foreign country with unreliable power because of a serious medical emergency and unfortunately as a result of this her power cut out mid video interview and her responses were submitted halfway through her second out of third question. She emailed grad rec explaining this to them. Do you think there is any possibility they will let her redo it?
Yes - firms will typically be able to reset due to technical issues. If you haven’t heard back by the end of tomorrow, call first thing on Monday to see if it can be reset.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
still haven’t heard from mishcon for VI… I applied on deadline day so there’s still hope but definitely feeling discouraged. It’s one of my top options— should I email grad rec and reiterate my commitment or will this send the wrong message? @axelbeugre @Jessica Booker
When did the applications close?

Pennine Valley

Esteemed Member
Nov 18, 2023
So the deadline for shoosmiths discover placement is actually 4th feb not 31st jan? Can still resume my application on AllHires
apparently it was the 31st and all hires messed up and Shoosmiths were seeking to get the dated amended (which still has not happened). I'd e-mail and ask grad rec but dunno if they will reply tommorow.

I'm still applying though as it is not our fault. All hires Shoosmiths page was also updated today to add direct TC app (and with that update, the vacation scheme remains up with the same 4th deadline)

Reactions: eleven14og

3000to1shoteverytime

Distinguished Member
Dec 9, 2023
They didn’t have the WG back then - it was a verbal reasoning test! But it was a relatively low minimum benchmark and then the score was added to the application and consider alongside the application. I am not sure if that is still their approach though.
Yes the email asking me to do the WG says exactly that, that the score and application will then be considered together before inviting to next stage.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
On the 5th of Jan, but it seems they started sending VIs out a week or so ago… I’ve got the holding email but nothing else!
I would hold off for another couple of weeks before asking for an update - it’s still fairly early, especially if you have been sent a holding email.

Reactions: greentyboo and Sharon Wu

Petallove1

Legendary Member
Feb 8, 2023
Does anyone know how to find resources on passing video interviews? I’ve done 3 so far and been unsuccessful. I am trying to figure out what to include in the very short time period of speaking!
Also want to know this!! I’m like a deer in the headlights for video interviews and let myself get thrown off easily by things like the timer 😭

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
still haven’t heard from mishcon for VI… I applied on deadline day so there’s still hope but definitely feeling discouraged. It’s one of my top options— should I email grad rec and reiterate my commitment or will this send the wrong message? @axelbeugre @Jessica Booker
I personally would not email them as you should wait for their automated email with the video interview. Unfortunately sending them an email will not give you more chances of getting the video interview.

Reactions: greentyboo

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.