TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

NJS

Legendary Member
  • Aug 21, 2021
    I think they refer to the time when you actually take the test, and not how many days after you receive the test you do the VI. They know that many candidates work full time and it is unlikely that they will do the test during their working hours and they will do it on the weekends. Personally, my work is killing me and even think about VIs after work my brain hurts.
    Yeah that's what I was saying, so when you see the question, the prep time is not a countdown or a set time, so you can spend as long as you want on it, but since they can see how long you take, I would assume the longer you take the worse it looks.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hey, I am in the same position.

Do you know when the deadline is? I don't want to click on the link that says take me to the test but the overall email does not give a deadline.
    Hey, it is 9 days but would love to understand if the deadline is from the date of the email or the day after. I would love to hear from the others. I feel your fear of clicking the link, I was terrified and closes the page as soon as I saw the deadline 😂

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Yeah that's what I was saying, so when you see the question, the prep time is not a countdown or a set time, so you can spend as long as you want on it, but since they can see how long you take, I would assume the longer you take the worse it looks.
    I agree, I would count the time to prepare. Lord, it is so hard because you are on camera and cannot look at the timer.

Hey, I have a spring vac scheme offer and waiting to hear back from a firm for a summer AC I recently did. I’m thinking of asking to convert my spring vac scheme into a summer one, as I can do both back to back. However, I am also waiting to hear back post-test from HSF and hogan lovells for summer, two firms which I really like but have no clue whether they are still even giving out ACs. Any advice on whether I can covert a spring into summer, and also whether I should bother waiting for Hogan Lovells and HSF before doing this?

Reactions: axelbeugre

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    On a scale of 1 (run-of-the-mill, normal VI questions), to 10 (what the hell are these questions, no one could ever prepare for these), how would people who have taken the Dechert VI rank it?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I have a question but when you get the 'assumed' and 'not assumed' questions. Would 'not assumed' just mean that the statement correlates with the original statement so it's essentially just worded different? Then 'assumed' would be that it does not correlate with the original statement? @axelbeugre @Jessica Booker
    I’m not best placed to answer this as my verbal comprehension for these type of assessments is not very strong!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Sunshinepink

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.