Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I have a question but when you get the 'assumed' and 'not assumed' questions. Would 'not assumed' just mean that the statement correlates with the original statement so it's essentially just worded different? Then 'assumed' would be that it does not correlate with the original statement? @axelbeugre @Jessica Booker
I’m not best placed to answer this as my verbal comprehension for these type of assessments is not very strong!

• 🤝
Reactions: Sunshinepink

thenublawyer

Star Member
Nov 18, 2023
I have a question but when you get the 'assumed' and 'not assumed' questions. Would 'not assumed' just mean that the statement correlates with the original statement so it's essentially just worded different? Then 'assumed' would be that it does not correlate with the original statement? @axelbeugre @Jessica Booker
No, assumed means that the proposed argument needs to be true in order for the statement in the question to be true.

• 🤝
Reactions: Cath and Sunshinepink

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hey, I have a spring vac scheme offer and waiting to hear back from a firm for a summer AC I recently did. I’m thinking of asking to convert my spring vac scheme into a summer one, as I can do both back to back. However, I am also waiting to hear back post-test from HSF and hogan lovells for summer, two firms which I really like but have no clue whether they are still even giving out ACs. Any advice on whether I can covert a spring into summer, and also whether I should bother waiting for Hogan Lovells and HSF before doing this?
You can definitely ask to convert the scheme from spring to summer, just email graduate recruitment and express that. I find that law firms are pretty chill with this to be honest so I would not worry.

When it comes to waiting for the other firms, I think the best approach is probably to behave like you have not heard from them and so considering it as a rejection so you can move on. If you get an assessment centre, then great and you can move accordingly and decide what to do then.

I hope this helps and congratulations on your offers!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.