TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Lopez2017

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 11, 2023
Reed smith PFO. What did u guys make of the VI feedback. I personally found it very confusing. For the ‘what unique qualities would u bring to the role?’ question, they told me to mention the unique qualities and not what I’m good at. Yet if I had just mentioned my unique qualities without any examples, I would’ve still been pfo’ed. I answered this question by stating 2 qualities and examples when I demonstrated them, so not sure what I did wrong. Smh 🤦
I'm with you on that. I struggle to see how qualities can be detached from your strengths (especially when we're trying to impress!), or, at the very least, how we can demonstrate such qualities without bringing examples (with the ever-important STAR structure).

The email says the feedback isn't personal, which is slightly irritating.

Reactions: Sharon Wu and ADKM

Tamaranou

Dec 30, 2019
It’s weighted nothing … I got 9976 and two above average in verbal and numerical reasoning !! Also, I am sure I did very well in VI. The most hurting rejection since the starting of the cycle !
Same here, I put a lot of effort & time into this application & RS is my favorite firm tbh. Ugh we got to keep on going but god i wish i knew how competitive it was to become a lawyer before doing law school.

ljms

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2024
RS PFOs, when did you apply and when did you do your VIs?

I'm wondering if we've all been rejected because there's no more room at the inn.

I applied on the deadline and did my VI Jan 22nd.

My numerical and verbal reasoning were in the middle of the bar and my pillars were 4 7 6 7.

trainingcontract

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2023
RS and Simmons PFO..... am feeling the incoming Baker PFO in the air ala spidey sense
Spider-Man Marvel GIF by Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.