TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    Same! Congrats. Do you know how they recruit for TCs? In my interview they did mention we still have to go through a normal AC for a TC, but on their website it says we are assessed on the VC. Slightly confusing.
    Hey congratulations!! Yeah I was a bit confused too but I think it’s definitely an AC rather than being assessed on the VS. Where will you be based?

3000to1shoteverytime

Distinguished Member
    Dec 9, 2023
    Just curious did everyone who complete NRF arctic shores receive the follow-up email about adjustments?
    Yes strangely worded. Have we all done so poorly on the Arctic Shores they assume we needed adjustments 🤣

Seriously I just think it's a poorly worded email but also a reminder to ask for adjustments if you need them at later stages for the process.

• Haha
    Reactions: Chelsea1

Fd321

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Mar 3, 2023
    People that got accepted to Withers Interview/AC stage, which skills came out on top or did you not do so well in for the Cappfinity test?

Thanks!
    I’m still waiting to hear but my top skills were detail and learning agility. I believe my “weakest” strength was initiative but that’s because I answered with their “collaborative”/teamwork culture in mind. What about you?

Last edited:

Lawyer500

Distinguished Member
    Jan 24, 2024
    Hi @axelbeugre @Jessica Booker, if you know that you’ve been offered a place at a firm because they rang you but they haven’t sent the offer letter in over 2 weeks - should I send a follow-up email/ring them? I have received another offer since and there is a small chance that the placements could clash if I don’t get my preferred choice of dates.

Thank you so much!!

Last edited:
    Reactions: axelbeugre

Ash2323

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 2, 2023
    Anyone heard from Taylor Wessing post AC? Thumbs up for yes, down for no :)
    hellooo, i have mine with them on the 14th March, and it was the last AC date so probably would make sense everyone hears back at the same time? Maybe this eases your mind a little haha ... How many people were on your AC if you dont mind me asking? Hoping it went all ok 🙏

Reactions: Sharon Wu

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.