TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

tcplease2345

Valued Member
Feb 6, 2024
I have not heard back anything from Addleshaw Goddard after the WG style test. I have also not heard anything from HFW post-application. Anyone else in the same boat? I have emailed both firms to ask about updates, but both said they are still reviewing applications. But a lot of people seem to have already got Vac Scheme places.

Anyone have any advice on what I should do?
I never even heard from AG post app

• Sad
  • 🤝
Reactions: lolololol and Sharon Wu

WindowsUpdate

• Sep 28, 2022
    @Jessica Booker I was hoping you or someone that knows about this could help out. I've been offered 2 VS with large firms, but they're both at the same time. I've already signed my contract with Firm 1 (their offer came 1 month before Firm 2) and they only do one VS a year. Firm 2 is an access scheme rather than a VS although it's the same experience and TC offer at the end. What should I do in this instance as I don't want to miss out on one? (can't believe I got any at all!). I was thinking of asking Firm 2 to maybe move me onto one of their VS dates but also don't want it to sound like they're a 2nd choice. Thanks!

• 🏆
    Reactions: axelbeugre and Sharon Wu

Zaakir

Valued Member
    May 9, 2023
    hi sorry if this has been asked already but can anyone share some challenges that law firms and the wider legal industry are facing at the moment :)

Would appreciate your input @Jessica Booker
    recently, latham was mentioned in the FT for basically cutting off a lot of info and data to its Hong Kong office. This was in response to China‘s anti-espionage data policies and Beijing’s increased influence on the region. So a good challenge to discuss among law firms that have offerings in China is being able to integrate offices in China / HK into their wider int network

NSC414

Star Member
    Aug 7, 2023
    Pinsent PFO post AC

Now i would like to say I'm surprised based off of my performance from the in tray exercise but i have just read my feedback (which was delivered on amberjack not via a human) and i actually am surprised. I met every single one of their capabilities they were looking for "natural talent, strong potential" and only got "showed some strengths" for attention to detail.

Maybe i'm delusional but i do think that is a little unfair and annoying to give feedback via a generic amberjack assessment report. I took the day off of work, travelled into central London to not get feedback from a human. i understand there are others so they can't get through everyone but even scheduling a call in the future regarding feedback or making it tailored via amberjack. I dunno.

I am not going to dwell as i knew my in tray did mess me up but maybe not that much? The firm not having my adjustments set in stone from the beginning did play a part but at least fieldfisher can give a telephone feedback after a TI.

The beginning of my cycle downfall starts here 😭
    I got a similar score for the AMberjack and I got a PFO without even making the AC, so not the only one.

jas1502

Aug 2, 2023
    They're actually alive :O haha congratulations, I hope you smash it

Ahaha thank you so much! The email was a pleasant surprise (emphasis on surprise, my spreadsheet had them down as an assumed PFO) 😭

Took them long enough haha - when is the AC for?

The AC is in the 2nd week of March! Hoping you guys hear back soon positively too :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.