TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Ash2323

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2023
Hi @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre, would like some advise on a CV blind interview at an AC. If i am asked to introduce myself, should i say which uni(s) I studied at when saying my background? The email about the cv blind interview says the following: "The interviewers will receive a copy of your application form, however this will be limited to the questions and answers under the following sections work experience, activities and your application question answers. Where organisations are specified in your application regarding work experience, these will be generalised for your interviewer e.g. 'law firm' or 'professional services firm'. In addition, reference to educational institutions will be removed, including specific mention of your university or school within application answers." Just wondering how i should conduct myself when explaining about myself if asked?

Reactions: axelbeugre

sadieyates56

Feb 26, 2024
I have Pinsent Masons Assessment Centre next week and I have no idea what it actually entails. I know there will be an interview and some kind of case study but could anyone provide me with any more guidance on what it will be like / how to prepare?

• 🏆
Reactions: DGI235

sakinazali

Feb 9, 2024
I completed an AC for a direct TC in a firm and will receive a response at the end of March. I am a penultimate year student and am also eligible for their internship whose deadline is start of March. Should I apply for internship? PS they don't offer TC to their interns; they have to reapply for TC.

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2020
Does anyone know the answer to this question? Never considered this point
"What could the firm do if the parties want to sign the acquisition document but are still waiting for regulatory approval?"

futuretrainee2024

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022
    "What could the firm do if the parties want to sign the acquisition document but are still waiting for regulatory approval?"
    memorandum of understanding with a lock-out agreement? its not legally binding but I suppose it lays out the terms and agreements prior to the actual transaction. in an interview, id maybe ask for more clarification and why the parties want to sign before approval - is it to prevent the seller from engaging with other parties? etc. im not sure but sounds like an interesting question

Reactions: Sharon Wu

EllaClayton

Valued Member
    Jan 23, 2023
    I am once again asking if anyone has heard from Withers post test — saw someone got a vac scheme, are they still interviewing or should I assume PFO?
    Nope I’m over a month post test and nothing. Did see on here a while ago someone had interviewed in Jan but completed the test last year. I think they are just processing all the earlier candidates and probably award places on a rolling basis

• 🤝
    Reactions: neonorange, Fd321 and Bread

flower

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 31, 2023
    Maybe insert a conditions precedent clause in the acquisition document stating that completion of the transaction will be subject to any necessary regulatory approval?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.