TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

tanamontana

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 28, 2023
    Does anyone know if it’s okay to mention a deal that another office (like Dubai one) from the same firm made as a reason for why the firm ? I’m not sure if it will be a disadvantage if I’m applying to the London office but mentioning a transaction made by the Dubai one

Reactions: axelbeugre

bangarangbass39

Valued Member
    Sep 13, 2023
    Farrer & Co VS!!🥳
    jose mourinho GIF

m_ecode2000

Standard Member
    Jan 8, 2024
    Yet to hear anything from Addleshaw Goddard (Manchester) post VI - anyone else in a similar boat?
    I’m really sorry but I think they’ve done all the assessment centres for Manchester now! When I had mine I had to reschedule and they said they were only holding 2 and that if I couldn’t make either I could be converted to the direct TC app as the only option so I changed plans and went to the second which was a few weeks ago!

Who knows though they may not have filled all the spaces and will hold another AC in future

tcplease2345

Valued Member
    Feb 6, 2024
    Just tidying up my Winston answers before I send them.

For the first question: Why have you applied to Winston & Strawn London LLP for a vacation scheme placement? (250 words or less)

Did people explicitly refer to the vs, my answer focuses more on why Winston, as opposed to what I would get from a VS. I don't know whether to bolt a mini-para on the end explaining why I want to participate in the VS. Thoughts?
    I am unable to find the questionnaire, where can I download it from?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.