bangarangbass39

Valued Member
Sep 13, 2023
Farrer & Co VS!!🥳
jose mourinho GIF

m_ecode2000

Standard Member
Jan 8, 2024
Yet to hear anything from Addleshaw Goddard (Manchester) post VI - anyone else in a similar boat?
I’m really sorry but I think they’ve done all the assessment centres for Manchester now! When I had mine I had to reschedule and they said they were only holding 2 and that if I couldn’t make either I could be converted to the direct TC app as the only option so I changed plans and went to the second which was a few weeks ago!

Who knows though they may not have filled all the spaces and will hold another AC in future

tcplease2345

Valued Member
Feb 6, 2024
Just tidying up my Winston answers before I send them.

For the first question: Why have you applied to Winston & Strawn London LLP for a vacation scheme placement? (250 words or less)

Did people explicitly refer to the vs, my answer focuses more on why Winston, as opposed to what I would get from a VS. I don't know whether to bolt a mini-para on the end explaining why I want to participate in the VS. Thoughts?
I am unable to find the questionnaire, where can I download it from?

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Does anyone know if it’s okay to mention a deal that another office (like Dubai one) from the same firm made as a reason for why the firm ? I’m not sure if it will be a disadvantage if I’m applying to the London office but mentioning a transaction made by the Dubai one
I would try and stick to a deal the London office worked on. It should not be a problem but I think it is important that you show knowledge and understanding of what the office you are applying to is doing and working on, and why you specifically want to train there.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Been told who my interviewer is so trying to think of questions related to their practice area. I have done some research on my interviewer but do not want to ask generic questions.
You don’t need to do this. Show your true interests not what you think you should ask just because they are a tax lawyer - they probably really don’t want to talk about tax for once, and especially if it comes across like you are just asking them for the sake of hopefully looking good in an interview.

The questions won’t be generic if they are tailored to your true interests.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.