TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
holy shizz!!! Morgan Lewis second stage. But I'm outside the UK taking care of my mom post-OP and the interview for the VS is in person during this time, so I think I'm going to have to let it go :^((
Congrats! I would explain the situation and see if they’ll let you do the interview virtually

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    For Spring applicants, how long did it take to hear back from Dechert (post VI and WE) and Bakers (post VI)?

I did the Dechert VI mid Feb
    Bakers VI last week

Both for Summer

tcplease2345

Valued Member
    Feb 6, 2024
    For those who got no VS this year, are you planning to apply to direct TC? Thanks
    For me I am going to gain some experience in the coming months and reapply for the vacation schemes in the next cycle.

In the meantime I will also work on the areas where I lacked this cycle e.g. VIs and the WG. I thought about direct tcs so I might fill in maybe two applications but I will focus mainly on the VS for the next cycle and how I can make my application better.

What about you?

Heartofglass

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 7, 2023
    For me I am going to gain some experience in the coming months and reapply for the vacation schemes in the next cycle.

In the meantime I will also work on the areas where I lacked this cycle e.g. VIs and the WG. I thought about direct tcs so I might fill in maybe two applications but I will focus mainly on the VS for the next cycle and how I can make my application better.

What about you?
    I think you are right. Especially with my finals coming in 2 months, it might be best for me to drop everything now and focus on my study to hopefully get a 1st. I might consider to apply for some summer intern outside law to gain some experience or maybe a placement year.

If I were to apply for direct TC, maybe it's best to apply for those with deadlines after my finals.

tcplease2345

Valued Member
    Feb 6, 2024
    I think you are right. Especially with my finals coming in 2 months, it might be best for me to drop everything now and focus on my study to hopefully get a 1st. I might consider to apply for some summer intern outside law to gain some experience or maybe a placement year.

If I were to apply for direct TC, maybe it's best to apply for those with deadlines after my finals.
    I agree, as I am a recent graduate I don't have any exams to take but I think internships or any job law/non-law is something that can help me make my CV better and increase my chances.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.