TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

desaesis

Nov 22, 2022
Does anyone have any SJT advice? It appears to be the only thing getting in the way. I know the trick is not to answer honestly because that's what I did and failed spectacularly - it appears having real world experience in this assessment disadvantages you 😂😭

Really thought this was going to be my year but I'm out this season.
Vac schemes:
HSF - SJT PFO
Willkie - VI PFO
Hogan Lovells - SJT PFO (asked and I scored above average on WG)
Ashurst - SJT PFO
Mayer Brown - SJT PFO
Baker McKenzie - SJT PFO
And this one hurt the most: White & Case AC PFO - feedback call scheduled.

It appears that I always get through the written application stage (& I figured out VIs) but not past SJT. Would appreciate any advice.

Managed to build up my CV so looking to TCs now.

Sharon Wu

Esteemed Member
Oct 27, 2023
I hunted around online but couldn't find an answer to this question either. It appears to be unlimited but I set a self-imposed limit to make sure I wasn't writing just for the sake of writing.
I was wondering the same thing
They had an insight session yesterday where the very same question was asked. The response was no longer than 500 words.

avry

Oct 25, 2023
Not Moving Wake Up GIF by Travis
refreshing emails every 2 seconds and my phone has been on ringer for the past how many days (it's usually on silent)... cooley please put me out of my misery

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.