TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

hungry_for_TC

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 2, 2021
Anyone got any comments on repeating answers in interviews? I did one interview over the phone with person A, now this week I have another one with person A and person B. I feel like lots of the stuff from the first interview will be covered as they're both competency based, but don't want to give the impression to person A that I only have a couple of script-prepared answers to things... it's just that my why me/why law/why this firm is really tight & I know it know in a punchy elevator package!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Anyone got any comments on repeating answers in interviews? I did one interview over the phone with person A, now this week I have another one with person A and person B. I feel like lots of the stuff from the first interview will be covered as they're both competency based, but don't want to give the impression to person A that I only have a couple of script-prepared answers to things... it's just that my why me/why law/why this firm is really tight & I know it know in a punchy elevator package!
    Ideally, I wouldn't do a word-for-word repeat, but it's no issue if the reasons are the same - it would make sense given you were providing your best reasons in the first interview!

• Love
    Reactions: hungry_for_TC

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.