TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

HugoH

Standard Member
Feb 2, 2024
Can anyone who has an Assessment Centre at Baker McKenzie for the direct TC message me if they have their booking is either 28th May or 4th June and are willing to swap to 13th June. I have a vac scheme that runs 9th - 21st June so I am only able to attend the 28th May or 4th June assessment centres. I would be incredibly grateful if I could swap those dates as I am getting desperate and would mean the world to me! :)

• ℹ️
Reactions: Aaj03

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    Hi @Jessica Booker - I’d really appreciate your advice!

I’ve secured 2 one-week VS: one at firm A starting on 17 June and the other at firm B, which offers two options, starting on either 3 June or 10 June.

I just had an AC with firm C, and if successful, I’d be invited to attend a VS on 3 June. Annoyingly, last week, I mistakenly told firm B that my preferred VS week was 3 June.

What do you think is the best thing to do? Ideally, I’d like to do all 3. Should I ask firm B if they could change my VS to w/c 10 June now, or wait until I hear back from firm C (by the end of May)? Does it look bad if I ask to change due to my mistake, especially for a firm that hasn’t made me an offer?

It also might be worth noting that I could do an AC for direct TC with firm B in late June, but I’m worried this would impact my chances.
    Is one of them WBD?.. want to know if their response time after AC

Reactions: CP2000

cet1997

Apr 5, 2024
    Whats the policy for law firms with chatgpt? I obviously don’t mean getting AI to write them. I mean more like is it a risk to put your essays into it for grammar and punctuation checks or would that make your applications be flagged?

trainee2025

Distinguished Member
    Nov 3, 2020
    Can anyone who has an Assessment Centre at Baker McKenzie for the direct TC message me if they have their booking is either 28th May or 4th June and are willing to swap to 13th June. I have a vac scheme that runs 9th - 21st June so I am only able to attend the 28th May or 4th June assessment centres. I would be incredibly grateful if I could swap those dates as I am getting desperate and would mean the world to me! :)
    I think this would best be resolved by contacting graduate recruitment. If they can’t honour it, then I think that would probably be it.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Whats the policy for law firms with chatgpt? I obviously don’t mean getting AI to write them. I mean more like is it a risk to put your essays into it for grammar and punctuation checks or would that make your applications be flagged?
    There won't be a standard policy, but many ATSs won't have the functionality to flag use of AI in an answer - it is more likely only going to be flagged by someone interpretating it as such (and even then the firm may not have an issue with it depending on the quality of your answer).

• ℹ️
    Reactions: cet1997

kokoprep

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 18, 2023
    There won't be a standard policy, but many ATSs won't have the functionality to flag use of AI in an answer - it is more likely only going to be flagged by someone interpretating it as such (and even then the firm may not have an issue with it depending on the quality of your answer).
    Hi - Could you please check the DM, I have messaged about a mitigating circumstance query a week ago.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.