TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

TCLAWorkspace
TCLA Workspace
Prepare for each firm, in one place.Firm research, practice tests and application tracking.
Explore Workspace →
I’m a little confused as to the scope of this question:

‘Drawing on your experience outside of the legal profession, what inspired your interest in commercial law? (Max 250 words)’

When it refers to ‘outside of the legal profession’, does this mean outside of law-related experiences in general (including open days, virtual sector-focus talks etc)? Or just actual work roles in the legal profession (eg vac schemes)?
 
Hi @Minhee, hope you're having a lovely weekend.

I'm in the middle of planning a commercial awareness answer for a VS application. I'm thinking about including information I heard from a podcast made by a completely different firm.

Do you think I should include this information and mention the source (i.e., the firm) or include the information and refrain from mentioning the other firm's podcast in my answer.

Thanks in advance :)
 

Find member