Transferable skills

AJ

Legendary Member
Sep 11, 2018
Just wanted to get some other views or comments on this.

How would you go about answering: what skills can you bring?

I think this is getting at transferable skills ... teamwork, communication, time management, etc.

Before I write up the wrong answer wanted to double check.

How would you weight the answer between skills and examples?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    My advice is to work out what strengths you have based on your experiences. Your answers will be interesting and backed up with evidence. If you lead by picking all the skills you think a law firm wants, your answer will be very standard.

You can then flesh out the skill (by explaining what you developed from your example), and ensure it's relevant to a law firm. For example, if you've published articles, you might talk about your written skills and how you can communicate complex info clearly. if you have startup experience, you could talk about how you are self-motivated and able to work to tough deadlines etc.

Reactions: Salma and AJ

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.