Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
How can I convert my Indian grades to UCAS points, and what really are UCAS POINTS?

UCAS points are a system in the UK used as a way to consistently benchmark a range of different UK qualifications in order to apply to university.

You can't convert your Indian grades to UCAS points. You can make a rough approximation as to what they would be but this isn't straight forward. Your university might be able to help with this, or alternatively you could try to track down Indian requirements for a UK university that has an ABB+ grade requirement on to give you an idea.

From memory (it is a little rusty right now), I think firms would generally be expecting high 70 or more in your Standard XII examinations though.

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
" as long as you fill out all the application form and make sure you specify which exams you took, we will read it for ourselves. We screen all applications no matter where the grades are from." This is what Baker Mckenzie told me. What should I do now I really didn't get her. I'm so sorry but as an overseas applicant, everything is pretty confusing so please bear with me.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
" as long as you fill out all the application form and make sure you specify which exams you took, we will read it for ourselves. We screen all applications no matter where the grades are from." This is what Baker Mckenzie told me. What should I do now I really didn't get her. I'm so sorry but as an overseas applicant, everything is pretty confusing so please bear with me.

you put your grades in as they are.

seeing Indian qualifications is pretty common - they will know how to translate them.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.