Weil Training Contract Application 2025

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
PFO post VI, honestly don’t know how to past video interviews at this point!
Totally understandable, they are super difficult and quite daunting and unnatural to so many people. I can give general tips that I found useful when going through the process last year:

1. Dress Professionally: Dress in professional attire, as you would for an in-person interview. This made me feel much more prepared and like I was facing an actual interview.
  2. Practice with a Mock Interview: Conduct a practice video interview with a friend or family member to get comfortable with the format and to receive feedback.
  3. Body Language: Maintain good posture, make eye contact with the camera, and use hand gestures sparingly. Treat the video interview like an in-person meeting.
  4. Practice Your Elevator Pitch: Be ready to introduce yourself, your qualifications, and your interest in the law firm in a concise and engaging manner.
  5. Research the Law Firm: Understand the law firm's history, culture, practice areas, and recent cases. Be prepared to discuss why you want to work at that specific firm.
  6. Behavioral Questions: Expect questions about your experiences, skills, and how you've handled challenges. Use the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result) to structure your answers.
  7. Legal Knowledge: Brush up on your legal knowledge, especially in areas relevant to the firm's practice. Be ready to discuss recent legal developments.
  8. Show Enthusiasm: Communicate your enthusiasm for the position and the firm. A positive attitude and eagerness to learn and contribute can make a strong impression.
  9. Stay Calm Under Pressure: Video interviews can be intimidating, but practice and preparation will help you feel more confident. Take a deep breath and stay composed, even if you encounter technical issues.
I hope these help for future application and always keep pursuing your dream regardless of these rejections! Good luck! @Tanyakaur11

• 🏆
Reactions: Jaysen and corplawperson23

HMB

Jul 27, 2023
Just completed the VI and couldn’t see myself when answering the questions. I was able to when practicing but the image appeared streched so my head looked wider than normal. Hopefully that doesn’t matter too much. I used an iPad to complete it. Good luck to everyone else who’s doing it!
I am so confused, I thought Weil was a non-rolling process?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.