Welcome! Introduce yourself here :)

Selina

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Good afternoon everyone!

I'm Selina and I recently graduated in History from UCL! Looking to apply to both vacation schemes and training contracts this year - focusing on the Winter applications at the moment which are already shaping up to be quite stressful. No previous vac scheme experience to speak of, but have done some informal work shadowing.

Fun fact about me is that I'm an avid scuba diver! It was something I challenged myself to get into at uni and I ended up joining the committee since I loved it so much.

Very much enjoying reading through these introduction posts and exploring the site - the guides so far are looking to be extremely helpful! Wish I discovered this resource earlier. A big thank you to Jaysen, Nicole, and the rest of the TCLA team. :)

Last edited:

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Good afternoon everyone!

I'm Selina and I recently graduated in History from UCL! Looking to apply to both vacation schemes and training contracts this year - focusing on the Winter applications at the moment which are already shaping up to be quite stressful. No previous vac scheme experience to speak of, but have done some informal work shadowing.

Fun fact about me is that I'm an avid scuba diver! It was something I challenged myself to get into at uni and I ended up joining the committee since I loved it so much.

Very much enjoying reading through these introduction posts and exploring the site - the guides so far are looking to be extremely helpful! Wish I discovered this resource earlier. A big thank you to Jaysen, Nicole, and the rest of the TCLA team :)

Welcome Selina :)

LawGal

Sep 13, 2018
    Hi everyone,

My name is Rana and I am a part-time LPC student in Manchester. I did my law degree at the University of Nottingham. I had a lot of ups and downs, nearly lost my motivation to pursue training contracts as I did not understand what I was doing wrong in my applications! Thank you for creating this website, I now have clarity on what I need to work on and I am very enthusiastic!

An interesting fact about me is that my birthday is on Christmas day!

Nicole

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hi everyone,

My name is Rana and I am a part-time LPC student in Manchester. I did my law degree at the University of Nottingham. I had a lot of ups and downs, nearly lost my motivation to pursue training contracts as I did not understand what I was doing wrong in my applications! Thank you for creating this website, I now have clarity on what I need to work on and I am very enthusiastic!

An interesting fact about me is that my birthday is on Christmas day!

I know what you mean by the ups and downs! Don't worry, we are here to help :)

Hazal

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 25, 2018
    Hi everyone!

My name is Hazal and I'm a recent graduate in English Literature from Warwick. I'm currently applying for vac schemes and working part-time in the meantime. I'm a part of SEO London and love being involved with law events, meeting new people and sharing and discussing this journey in person and on forums like these.

An interesting fact about me is that I'm posting this on my birthday. Yes, I know, why am I even on here?! (my birthday trophy has already asked me that question). If that's not interesting enough then, I can speak Turkish and my little finger bones aren't straight (blame genetics).

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone!

My name is Hazal and I'm a recent graduate in English Literature from Warwick. I'm currently applying for vac schemes and working part-time in the meantime. I'm a part of SEO London and love being involved with law events, meeting new people and sharing and discussing this journey in person and on forums like these.

An interesting fact about me is that I'm posting this on my birthday. Yes, I know, why am I even on here?! (my birthday trophy has already asked me that question). If that's not interesting enough then, I can speak Turkish and my little finger bones aren't straight (blame genetics).

When you first posted earlier, I spent a good while trying to work out why you had 10 trophy points already. Then I saw it was your birthday. Happy birthday! If it makes you feel any better, I too spent (some of) my last birthday posting on TCLA!

For the avoidance of doubt, this is the trophy Hazal was referencing:

upload_2018-10-5_11-43-6.png

• Haha
    Reactions: Salma and Hazal

phar

Standard Member
    Oct 3, 2018
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Far and I’m a recent LLM graduate. I have been trying to secure a training contract for a few cycles now. I did get invited for some vacation scheme interviews, but didn’t receive any offers due to lack of preparation and nerves. I took a break last cycle to have some time off from uni/law/work, and also considered whether I still wanted to work in law, or try banking and consultancy overseas - which, after some thought, I think prefer a career in law and especially would like to qualify as an English lawyer. I’m planning to apply directly for training contracts this time round as I’m not based in the UK anymore and hopefully I have enough experiences? Stumbled upon this site on Google, lurked a bit and I really like how friendly and helpful everyone is!

A “fun” fact: I have lived in 5 countries, 6 cities, moved 11 times or more (in and out of countries and cities) within 24 years of my life.

Reactions: Sandrou

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Far and I’m a recent LLM graduate. I have been trying to secure a training contract for a few cycles now. I did get invited for some vacation scheme interviews, but didn’t receive any offers due to lack of preparation and nerves. I took a break last cycle to have some time off from uni/law/work, and also considered whether I still wanted to work in law, or try banking and consultancy overseas - which, after some thought, I think prefer a career in law and especially would like to qualify as an English lawyer. I’m planning to apply directly for training contracts this time round as I’m not based in the UK anymore and hopefully I have enough experiences? Stumbled upon this site on Google, lurked a bit and I really like how friendly and helpful everyone is!

A “fun” fact: I have lived in 5 countries, 6 cities, moved 11 times or more (in and out of countries and cities) within 24 years of my life.

Welcome Far -- impressive fact! If it makes you feel better, I've seen a number of students secure training contracts after a few cycles.

If you want some advice on whether you have enough experience, feel free to create a thread in the forum and let us know what experience you have (you can keep it vague if you want so it's not too identifiable).

Auriane

Nov 5, 2018
    Hello everyone !

My name is Auriane, I am in my final year of a dual degree in English Law at KCL and French Law at La Sorbonne.
    I did two internships in France in commercial law firms and spent last summer in a start-up where I worked on legal as well as business-related topics.

I decided to qualifiy in the UK so I am applying for VS because I don't have experience here yet, and I am planning to complete an LLM next year.

A fun fact about me is that I carry a camera most of the time since I am a huge photography fan!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hello everyone !

My name is Auriane, I am in my final year of a dual degree in English Law at KCL and French Law at La Sorbonne.
    I did two internships in France in commercial law firms and spent last summer in a start-up where I worked on legal as well as business-related topics.

I decided to qualifiy in the UK so I am applying for VS because I don't have experience here yet, and I am planning to complete an LLM next year.

A fun fact about me is that I carry a camera most of the time since I am a huge photography fan!
    Great to have you with us Auriane!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone! My name is Alla. I'm an LLB Law graduate from Queen Mary, University of London. I am looking to secure a TC in London. This site looks amazing - I wish that I knew about it earlier!

Welcome Alla - good to have you with us!

SJamal

Star Member
    Nov 18, 2018
    Hi, I’m SJamal, I’m currently an in-house paralegal at a property/construction consultancy. I did my LPC at the University of Law and read Law at the University of Leicester. Ive had a number of vacation schemes (at Eversheds Sutherland, Gateley and Michelsmores) and I’m looking to secure a TC at a national or medium sized international law firm, ideally which is sector-focused. Hopefully, this will be the year!

Fun Fact: I once shared a lift with Andy Murray (albeit for two floors only).

Reactions: Jaysen and Salma

Dolores

Standard Member
    Nov 11, 2018
    Hey everyone!
    I’m Dolores, a non-law finalist hoping to secure a vacation scheme that could lead to a training contract. I’m not based in the U.K., which makes things harder for I can’t go to open days or do other things of this sort. I’m interested in antitrust, private equity, and anything TMT. I’m kind of late to the applying game so I’m still trying to narrow down my list of firms and decide on a number of applications to submit.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey everyone!
    I’m Dolores, a non-law finalist hoping to secure a vacation scheme that could lead to a training contract. I’m not based in the U.K., which makes things harder for I can’t go to open days or do other things of this sort. I’m interested in antitrust, private equity, and anything TMT. I’m kind of late to the applying game so I’m still trying to narrow down my list of firms and decide on a number of applications to submit.

Welcome Dolores!

J Wu

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    Hi everyone!

My name is John. I recently graduated in Geography from UCL and did a vacation scheme at Gibson Dunn this summer. I'm currently doing an investment banking internship at a boutique in London and applying to a mix of vacation schemes and training contracts.

Fun fact: I can eat 20 chicken nuggets in under five minutes.

Reactions: Salma

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone!

My name is John. I recently graduated in Geography from UCL and did a vacation scheme at Gibson Dunn this summer. I'm currently doing an investment banking internship at a boutique in London and applying to a mix of vacation schemes and training contracts.

Fun fact: I can eat 20 chicken nuggets in under five minutes.

Impressive background and fun fact. Welcome John!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone!

I am Edwin. I am studying Maritime Law LLM at Southampton and will start a vac scheme with Norton Rose Fulbright in a week's time.

Fun fact: I have previously worked as a game tester for a mobile app. Essentially being paid to play games.

Welcome Edwin!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.