Welcome! Introduce yourself here :)

KLaw125

Junior Lawyer
Aug 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

My name is Kenny, a recent history graduate from the University of Warwick. I have had some legal experience and recently went for a Vacation Scheme with Travers Smith. Very determined to pursue a training contract in the next application cycle! I want to focus on developing my legal and commercial knowledge, and ability to present this clearly in interviews.

Fun fact about me is that I have an identical twin that my complete opposite with interests. :D

I would like to say Jaysen, Nicole and the entire Corporate Law Academy community are doing an incredible job with this website. This has been one of the most informative sites on the reality of application processes and genuine advice from successful students. The 6 Vacation Scheme podcast was truly inspiring for me going through a similar situation!

Mohanjith

Jul 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have actually been here a while but have not officially introduced myself.

I'm Mohanjith (jith is fine as well) a student from Sri Lanka going into my 2nd year in law at QMUL.

Attending various firm-led workshops during my first year and reflecting on my legal work-experience, I have developed an interest in banking finance, M&A, capital markets and PE practice areas and hope to gain exposure.

At uni, when I am not working part-time, I sing/play jazz piano, volunteer and am a Student Adviser at the Legal Advice Centre.

This community and website have been really informative and I hope to contribute to it.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi everyone,

My name is Dan and I'm currently a third year Hispanic Studies student at the University of Nottingham.

I am actually just about to start my year abroad so am very excited for that - I am interning at a law firm in Madrid for 4 months and then studying at the University of Córdoba, Argentina for another 4 months next year!

This cycle I am looking to apply for vacation schemes so that I can add to my experience (and hopefully get a training contract!) before I head back to Nottingham for my final year, and so will be using this website a lot!

An interesting fact about me is that I love sport and am a former junior international hockey player!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,

My name is Dan and I'm currently a third year Hispanic Studies student at the University of Nottingham.

I am actually just about to start my year abroad so am very excited for that - I am interning at a law firm in Madrid for 4 months and then studying at the University of Córdoba, Argentina for another 4 months next year!

This cycle I am looking to apply for vacation schemes so that I can add to my experience (and hopefully get a training contract!) before I head back to Nottingham for my final year, and so will be using this website a lot!

An interesting fact about me is that I love sport and am a former junior international hockey player!

Good to have you with us Dan (and impressive fact!)

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Hi everyone,

After graduating in law from Sheffield last summer, I worked for a holiday company at several resorts in France and for the last 6 months have been working as a paralegal in litigation.

This is my first time apply for vacation schemes - hoping to gain a TC in London.

Fun facts - I once had a spider stuck in my ear, and I'm not the real Bugsy Malone!

Reactions: yanerlim

Kim LD

Star Member
    Sep 8, 2018
    Hiya!

We are quite a small community at the moment so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves here. Please also tell us an interesting fact about yourself if you want to!.

I'm Nicole, a future trainee at Baker Mckenzie. I did a few vacation schemes but Bakers was my top choice. I studied law at Cambridge.

My interests: I love to bake and dance. My not-so-interesting fact is that I don't know how to whistle!

Hello everyone! I'm Kimberley, I'm French, and I came to London 6 years ago. I've just completed the LPC at BPP Law School and I obtained a Distinction!! I'm now starting VS/TC applications.
    Hiya!

We are quite a small community at the moment so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves here. Please also tell us an interesting fact about yourself if you want to!.

I'm Nicole, a future trainee at Baker Mckenzie. I did a few vacation schemes but Bakers was my top choice. I studied law at Cambridge.

My interests: I love to bake and dance. My not-so-interesting fact is that I don't know how to whistle!

Hey everyone! I'm Kimberley, I'm French, and I came to London 6 years ago when I finished the IB (international baccalaureate). I studied International Business and then went on to study law at BPP Law School. I've just completed the LPC and I got a Distinction!! However, I got a very law Commendation for my GDL so I don't feel that confident went it comes to applications. I'm frightened at the idea of going into interviews! (Can we set up mock interviews?)

I have to start applying for VS/TC asap and so I signed up to TCLA to get advice and tips before I start doing so.

My interests: I love sailing and dancing too!
    PS: I don't know how to whistle either...

Reactions: Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hello everyone! I'm Kimberley, I'm French, and I came to London 6 years ago. I've just completed the LPC at BPP Law School and I obtained a Distinction!! I'm now starting VS/TC applications.

Hey everyone! I'm Kimberley, I'm French, and I came to London 6 years ago when I finished the IB (international baccalaureate). I studied International Business and then went on to study law at BPP Law School. I've just completed the LPC and I got a Distinction!! However, I got a very law Commendation for my GDL so I don't feel that confident went it comes to applications. I'm frightened at the idea of going into interviews! (Can we set up mock interviews?)

I have to start applying for VS/TC asap and so I signed up to TCLA to get advice and tips before I start doing so.

My interests: I love sailing and dancing too!
    PS: I don't know how to whistle either...

Welcome Kimberley!

We've put our mock interviews on hold for now until we have a few more people. But feel free to post in the forum if you need advice on your interviews and we'd be very happy to help.

Reactions: Kim LD

yanerlim

Valued Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hi everyone! I am an LLM student in University of Bristol, previously did my LLB in Cardiff University. I am from Malaysia and looking to embark on a training contract in London. I have been to a few interviews but never successfully obtained a training contract. So I use TCLA to see where I've gone wrong etc, this is such an amazing site and I really want to see it grow as big as thestudentroom!

Anyway, an (un)interesting fact about me is that I am an illustrator, I draw comics for fun and make tshirts and album covers for bands. I'm looking to publish my own comic and magazine this year. I like doing different kinds of things, sewing, screenplay writing, sculpting etc. I'm looking forward to meet everyone!

Nicole

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hi everyone! I am an LLM student in University of Bristol, previously did my LLB in Cardiff University. I am from Malaysia and looking to embark on a training contract in London. I have been to a few interviews but never successfully obtained a training contract. So I use TCLA to see where I've gone wrong etc, this is such an amazing site and I really want to see it grow as big as thestudentroom!

Anyway, an (un)interesting fact about me is that I am an illustrator, I draw comics for fun and make tshirts and album covers for bands. I'm looking to publish my own comic and magazine this year. I like doing different kinds of things, sewing, screenplay writing, sculpting etc. I'm looking forward to meet everyone!

Welcome Yaner!

It's so nice to have such bright and diverse people on here :). We'd love to see an example of your illustrations if you feel comfortable sharing them!!

D

Deleted member 348

Second that! I'd love to see some of your work :)

D

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 11, 2018
    Good afternoon! I'm a long time Newsletter subscriber and with my first year of undergraduate study in front of me, I thought it would be an excellent time to join the forum. I have enjoyed reading all of the guides that have been posted on the website. I look forward to putting them in to practise through my first set of formal applications to Open Days/First Year Schemes this year.

Hey!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Good afternoon! I'm a long time Newsletter subscriber and with my first year of undergraduate study in front of me, I thought it would be an excellent time to join the forum. I have enjoyed reading all of the guides that have been posted on the website. I look forward to putting them in to practise through my first set of formal applications to Open Days/First Year Schemes this year.

Hey!

Welcome! Glad to hear you're a long time subscriber :)

Yminh

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 25, 2018
    Hello everyone,

My name is Yminh and I'm from Vietnam. I recently finished my LLM at University of Bristol and previously did my law degree at Queen Mary University. My friend Yaner referred my to TCLA and I'm so glad she did because this has been the most supportive, informative and insightful aspiring lawyer forum I've ever come across.

I had an internship with Hogan Lovells in Vietnam , which confirmed my interest and commitment to practice with an international firm, but also informed me that I do not want to pursue my law career in Vietnam (at least in the long term).

This is why I will try very hard in the next couple of months to secure a training contract in the UK before mystudent visa expires. It is going to be challenging but with TCLA's support, I hope to make this challenge a surmountable one.

Fun facts about me: I love Chinese martial arts movies and novels and I'm practicing Karate during my spare time, which is also a very effective way to manage stress.

I look forward to meet everyone!

• 🏆
    Reactions: yanerlim and Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hello everyone,

My name is Yminh and I'm from Vietnam. I recently finished my LLM at University of Bristol and previously did my law degree at Queen Mary University. My friend Yaner referred my to TCLA and I'm so glad she did because this has been the most supportive, informative and insightful aspiring lawyer forum I've ever come across.

I had an internship with Hogan Lovells in Vietnam , which confirmed my interest and commitment to practice with an international firm, but also informed me that I do not want to pursue my law career in Vietnam (at least in the long term).

This is why I will try very hard in the next couple of months to secure a training contract in the UK before mystudent visa expires. It is going to be challenging but with TCLA's support, I hope to make this challenge a surmountable one.

Fun facts about me: I love Chinese martial arts movies and novels and I'm practicing Karate during my spare time, which is also a very effective way to manage stress.

I look forward to meet everyone!

Welcome Yminh. We are here to help you.

Love the interesting fact!

Camilla Gionso

Distinguished Member
    Commercial Writer
    Sep 29, 2018
    Hi everyone!

My name is Camilla and I am a history and politics student at UCL. I have already undertaken some informal legal work experience, but this year I am willing to learn as much as I can about the various application processes and how to ensure vacation schemes, hence why I have just joined the forum.

Interesting fact: I teach Pilates on weekends :)

Reactions: George and Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone!

My name is Camilla and I am a history and politics student at UCL. I have already undertaken some informal legal work experience, but this year I am willing to learn as much as I can about the various application processes and how to ensure vacation schemes, hence why I have just joined the forum.

Interesting fact: I teach Pilates on weekends :)

Welcome Camilla :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.