Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Hi Jaysen,
    New update is looking good!
    One thing I have noticed is that the different 'react' options open downwards rather than sideways (see photo).
    Is there any chance this could be changed to the old format? Not a biggie if not!
    Thanks again :)

Agreed! It would be great to have the react options at the bottom all the time too, next to the quote and reply button. I think this would make it easiest to use, rather than loading them each time. Either way, this new format is BRILLIANT work!!!!c

EDIT: Ignore me, I've just seen the comment in your original post on this thread saying that the react buttons are the biggest things to sort out!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Agreed! It would be great to have the react options at the bottom all the time too, next to the quote and reply button. I think this would make it easiest to use, rather than loading them each time. Either way, this new format is BRILLIANT work!!!!c

EDIT: Ignore me, I've just seen the comment in your original post on this thread saying that the react buttons are the biggest things to sort out!
    Not at all - you are completely right. I will see if we can put the react buttons back at the bottom all the time :)

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    Ok so it took me over ten mins to figure out how to log in! I kept getting directed to the premium log in page. But maybe it’s just because I am getting old....

I really like the new TCLA version otherwise! :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Ok so it took me over ten mins to figure out how to log in! I kept getting directed to the premium log in page. But maybe it’s just because I am getting old....

I really like the new TCLA version otherwise! :)

Oh dear, was this on your computer?

Always open to making things clearer!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    It looks like there is a current issue with emails being sent out (such as if you recently signed up or are seeking to reset your password). This will be fixed soon.

moominvation

Junior Lawyer
    Sep 19, 2020
    great upgrade! Minor point - can search results be sorted in reverse chronological order (most recent first)? At the moment, the order seems arbitrary, which makes it hard to look for the latest updates or posts relating to the search query.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi @Jaysen, just a thought I had. With our DMs or private messages/conversations, would it be possible to have like a deleted items folder or the ability to add folders to help organise the various messages we get/see past conversations we have deleted?

Lilz

Esteemed Member
    Dec 16, 2020
    great upgrade! Minor point - can search results be sorted in reverse chronological order (most recent first)? At the moment, the order seems arbitrary, which makes it hard to look for the latest updates or posts relating to the search query.
    I’m not sure if you are on about the ‘search’ result or not, so I apologise if not. But you can filter your searches by date. For example, when you type in your search, e.g. “Watson Glaser”, the results will show in a random order. However, your search title will still show in bold (Watson Glaser) and if you click on that it will direct you to a page which says “filter by relevancy / filter by date”.

If you click filter by date the most recent will appear first.

Reactions: moominvation

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I’m not sure if you are on about the ‘search’ result or not, so I apologise if not. But you can filter your searches by date. For example, when you type in your search, e.g. “Watson Glaser”, the results will show in a random order. However, your search title will still show in bold (Watson Glaser) and if you click on that it will direct you to a page which says “filter by relevancy / filter by date”.

If you click filter by date the most recent will appear first.

@Lilrob is exactly right. The search function is a bit different now, but it should be much more effective in returning relevant results. It also gives the ability to search three letters, which I know many have flagged before when they are searching for a firm's acronym. You can also click on advanced as you enter a term in the search box :).

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi @Jaysen, just a thought I had. With our DMs or private messages/conversations, would it be possible to have like a deleted items folder or the ability to add folders to help organise the various messages we get/see past conversations we have deleted?
    It looks like there is an add on for this! I will get these bugs sorted first and then we can add this :)

1611222548351.png

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 25, 2020
    Hey! I really like the new look of the forum. However, when I type in a key word, the previous forum used to show the posts in chronological order, but this doesn’t seem to be the case with the new forum. Anything I can do to change this?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey! I really like the new look of the forum. However, when I type in a key word, the previous forum used to show the posts in chronological order, but this doesn’t seem to be the case with the new forum. Anything I can do to change this?
    Yep! If you head over to 'advanced', you can search by most recent first.

Reactions: hopefullawyer123

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Looks like I can change the form to automatically search for most recent, rather than most relevant. Not sure if anyone has a preference here?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.