"What makes you a good fit for our firm?"

Ali2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi All,

I am trying to prep for an interview and was wondering how would I go about answering the above-mentioned question - "What makes you a good fit for our firm?"

I'm not sure if this is a "why this firm" question or not?

I would really appreciate some help with this!

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    I would personally say that this is a composite of "why us" and "why you" questions, with the emphasis shifted firmly on matching elements of these responses as appropriate and tying them together throughout your answer to have a coherent and logical overall response.

Key things to consider might be key values of the firm (do these match to your own values?)/ key practice areas (do you have particular interests?), etc.

Hope this helps!

Ali2020

Esteemed Member
    Dec 11, 2019
    I would personally say that this is a composite of "why us" and "why you" questions, with the emphasis shifted firmly on matching elements of these responses as appropriate and tying them together throughout your answer to have a coherent and logical overall response.

Key things to consider might be key values of the firm (do these match to your own values?)/ key practice areas (do you have particular interests?), etc.

Hope this helps!
    This is super helpful! Thank you :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.