Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Does anyone know if A&O are non-rolling?

Also Latham & Watkins has introduced a winter vacation scheme this cycle for those interested!

@Selma95 I read the same on Latham’s website. But they haven’t opened up applications with deadlines at the end of October

Yes, a tad confusing that one, wonder what is going on!

You may have found this out already but FYI -- I just heard from a trainee that apps for Latham open on or around 11 October.

Last edited:

Hazal

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 25, 2018
    Does anyone have a favourite/worst application?

I'm currently reading Bird & Bird's application and I think they have the best questions I've come across so far.

Taylor Wessing, last recruitment cycle, made you do 9 questions, averaging 200 words each. By far the worst I've done yet.

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    Are there any benefits to applying to a winter or spring scheme? Particularly if you’re eligible for both??

The firm doesn’t review applications on a rolling basis

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Are there any benefits to applying to a winter or spring scheme? Particularly if you’re eligible for both??

The firm doesn’t review applications on a rolling basis

Not really. It depends on your own circumstances and commitments, how fast do you want to get your TC? Is it because of visa restrictions or travelling commitments later in the year or a new job etc

Do you have time to wait until the Spring/Summer?

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    Not really. It depends on your own circumstances and commitments, how fast do you want to get your TC? Is it because of visa restrictions or travelling commitments later in the year or a new job etc

Do you have time to wait until the Spring/Summer?

Hmmm can’t make up my mind. Want a TC asap like yesterday! Winter scheme is shorter than spring.

Sandrou

Esteemed Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Winter schemes are predominantly open for graduates and career changers etc. Given this, most candidates will have a wide variety of legal/work experiences. So you could say the quality of candidates will be higher but I would say that all depends on the who makes it to the scheme. In turn, perhaps the standards expected of winter candidates would be similar to those who apply directly for a Training contract.

Reactions: Salma and Coralin96

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.