Winter Vacation Scheme 2018 Thread

Osh

Distinguished Member
Nov 18, 2018
I would look at the interview section/guide on here for TS. Their process hasn’t changed for a while, so in addition to the more recent comments...
One of the more relaxed interviews, as far as interviews can be. The Partners make a real effort to put you at ease and have a conversation. Know your CV well, be able to back up choice, and be prepared to answer the typical why Law, why TS.
Be prepared to get into a mini debate and be pushed on your point of view. So have an opinion and don’t sit on the fence. There aren’t any right or wrong answers. It’s more about how you can think about issues, consider new points/variables.

Thank you

Catherine

Distinguished Member
Nov 28, 2018
Has anyone heard back from Travers Smith recently- been invited for interview/rejected or even given a place? I applied nearly 6 weeks ago now and still not heard anything.. assuming rejection but would like to know for definite!

PrancingUnicorns

Aug 14, 2018
Has anyone heard back from Travers Smith recently- been invited for interview/rejected or even given a place? I applied nearly 6 weeks ago now and still not heard anything.. assuming rejection but would like to know for definite!
Same thing for a friend and I, I did send their HR an email this afternoon, so will let you know if they respond with any waiting periods. :)

Catherine

Distinguished Member
Nov 28, 2018
Thank you! Yes I’m wondering whether to email or ring today! Feel like probably a no though.

Also anyone who hadn’t heard from Jones Day that had applied for winter, I just received an email saying they are now inviting me to interview but for my second choice- summer.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Thank you! Yes I’m wondering whether to email or ring today! Feel like probably a no though.

Also anyone who hadn’t heard from Jones Day that had applied for winter, I just received an email saying they are now inviting me to interview but for my second choice- summer.

Congrats on the interview! (Even though it's for summer.)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.