With a tight 100-word limit, can someone suggest the best way to answer "why Goodwin"?

SarahB3

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 28, 2019
Should I only talk about one practice area?
Is it necessary to explain my interest in the firm usind work experience example?
Can I give 2-3 reasons and keep it very breif ?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Should I only talk about one practice area?
Is it necessary to explain my interest in the firm usind work experience example?
Can I give 2-3 reasons and keep it very breif ?
I have typically seen 2-3 reasons (doesn't just have to be practice areas) covered well - you just have to be ridiculously concise.

You don't have to utilise describing your work experience though as that will be elsewhere in your application (assuming their is a work experience section).

Reactions: Jaysen and SarahB3

SarahB3

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 28, 2019
I have typically seen 2-3 reasons (doesn't just have to be practice areas) covered well - you just have to be ridiculously concise.

You don't have to utilise describing your work experience though as that will be elsewhere in your application (assuming their is a work experience section).
Thanks Jess. I am just thinking of the best approach to take
So when I mentioned 2-3 reasons I was referring to like i.e. Firm's work,/practice, reputation, interactions with members of firm.

Also re work experience my approach was to for example, I am attracted to the firm's strength in technology & life sciences and then link my experience of product managing legal tech tools and link my skills to role of a lawyer.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks Jess. I am just thinking of the best approach to take
So when I mentioned 2-3 reasons I was referring to like i.e. Firm's work,/practice, reputation, interactions with members of firm.

Also re work experience my approach was to for example, I am attracted to the firm's strength in technology & life sciences and then link my experience of product managing legal tech tools and link my skills to role of a lawyer.
You don't need to link your skills - this is trying to show your aptitude not your motivation.

Reactions: SarahB3

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.