Work experience application section

Camilla Gionso

Distinguished Member
Commercial Writer
Sep 29, 2018
Hi!
I wanted to ask how do you normally approach the work experience section in an application form. Do I just need to describe what my tasks consisted of during my placement? Or can I also add what I have learned/ why this experience has reinforced my interest for commercial law, so treat it like another application question?

Thank you!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi!
    I wanted to ask how do you normally approach the work experience section in an application form. Do I just need to describe what my tasks consisted of during my placement? Or can I also add what I have learned/ why this experience has reinforced my interest for commercial law, so treat it like another application question?

Thank you!

I normally just described the tasks I did during the work experience. Having spoken to multiple gradrec teams they all the same thing: they just want to know what you did but I also add what I learned/skills I improved etc.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.