Written/presentation case studies

TACC

Sep 9, 2019
I am finding that written case studies are repeatedly proving the main block to getting through assessment centres successfully. I am looking to get as much practice in these as possible. I have kept two written case studies from assessment centres I have attended and was wandering if anyone else has done the same. If this is the case, I would be happy to exchange exercises so that we can both get in some more practice using fresh material. If anyone feels like swapping exercises then send me a message and we can discuss!

Reactions: packhorse

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi @TACC

You may find my recent Monday Article on this issue helpful if you've not already had a run over it:

FL0011

Standard Member
    Sep 9, 2020
    Thank you so much for the case study guide - it is extremely useful @Jacob Miller!

I have an AC coming up and I am struggling to understand the best way to format an e-mail in a case study. How exactly would I include my ideas and how would I start it off? And as in the article, is it best to start the e-mail with a brief summary of all the issues I spotted and suggested solutions, followed by analysis after the executive summary?

Thanks for your help!

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Thank you so much for the case study guide - it is extremely useful @Jacob Miller!

I have an AC coming up and I am struggling to understand the best way to format an e-mail in a case study. How exactly would I include my ideas and how would I start it off? And as in the article, is it best to start the e-mail with a brief summary of all the issues I spotted and suggested solutions, followed by analysis after the executive summary?

Thanks for your help!
    Hi,

Best of luck for your AC. I would personally use an executive summary in order of importance and then detail each issue and next steps/ solution below using clear sub-headings relating to each issue in the same order.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.